OTA Update R8960L

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Anyone having issues with the system forgetting settings after this update?

I had various widgets and shortcuts set, but every now and again it loads up with the tutorial as if it's never been used before, so all my shortcuts have gone.

Resolved it the other day by switching to Guest and then back to me, but it happened again today and this workaround didn't help.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I've read some articles after this major update factory reset should be performed. As plenty stuff has been fixed on latest version

FalconTech

Jun 8, 2021
I am now running software version A896. I guess I am still waiting for the second part of the update to arrive. It hasn't arrived yet although the system said it would arrive within 24 hours from the initial update.
Someone got the second part? I've been on the A896 for almost two weeks.

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Anyone having issues with the system forgetting settings after this update?

I had various widgets and shortcuts set, but every now and again it loads up with the tutorial as if it's never been used before, so all my shortcuts have gone.

Resolved it the other day by switching to Guest and then back to me, but it happened again today and this workaround didn't help.

This escalated quickly...

I now have an "Emergency Call is Restricted. Please visit workshop" message on start up and the centre screen is either completely dead or rebooting itself every 60 seconds.

Very annoying as the car is so reliant on the centre screen it makes pretty much everything unusable.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
This escalated quickly...

I now have an "Emergency Call is Restricted. Please visit workshop" message on start up and the centre screen is either completely dead or rebooting itself every 60 seconds.

Very annoying as the car is so reliant on the centre screen it makes pretty much everything unusable.
I have exactly this from earlier today - while waiting in the queue to board the chunnel train.... Now have no sat nav or sos (or music) and 'on holiday'.
Notably, the dealer called me to ask about the warning that has appeared and queried if it occurred yesterday - I wonder if some minor update rolled out yesterday that has knocked it all out.
Cupra Connect is still active - the nav fires up correctly as does the radio etc., then it all dies again after a minute or so. Have since powered off the whole car for 30 mins whilst getting coffee but no better. Note I've been on A856 for a few weeks now with no other issues.

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Interesting!

Mine was fine this morning going to work, and started playing up immediately when leaving work at 1700 ish so maybe there has been some OTA update that killed it!

Dealers are going to be getting a lot of calls in the morning.

Thankfully I've only got a short commute and local running around to do but it would be incredibly annoying having no functionally on a long journey!

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Mine is now in the dealer. They tried a software update which didn't work, so are now replacing the central screen. Would be about £2k if it wasn't under warranty!

Deleted member 123864

Still no sign of any x896 update for me...

Edit: does the speed warning stay on on 1896?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2022
Still waiting for the second update after the A896 as well.

Indeed, voice control is not working.

I had some issues with primary user - "Changing user settings" pop-up message.
However a fix I've tried was to reset the infotainment and log-in back in with my primary user, issue seems to have been resolved.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Still waiting for the second update after the A896 as well.

Indeed, voice control is not working.
Voice control is back after second update but with a male not female voice. Now on the wake word(s) the screen shows a "what can I do for you" line instead of speaking it as before.
Randomly if having a conversation in the car this line suddenly displays and I have to press the 'X' to remove it, the wake word(s) have not been uttered!!

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
I disabled the wake words pretty soon after the update as it kept doing the same!

My car is now sat in the dealer awaiting a new screen (on back order) as it is completely bricked apparently.

SEAT UK have got me a hire car though so while annoying, at least I still have wheels!

Reactions: Yern

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
The second part of the update came yesterday, 1,7 gb. It went nicely through. I am still running A896 though.

AE082E93-4D55-4C81-A784-F0CC57E4045F.jpeg

ED97D8A9-F8EA-4025-8BE4-2568292BF478.jpeg

Feb 28, 2022
Got the update as well.

I've faced the same issues with voice control, kept popping up.

I had to disable it, was annoying..

It seems we'll need a follow-up update after this...

Deleted member 123864

Can anyone with x196 confirm if the speed warning settings are remembered next time you start up the car?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise