OTA Update R8960L

Deleted member 123864

To invert the question, has anyone who does not have a valid Connect license received the 1896 OTA update?

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
To invert the question, has anyone who does not have a valid Connect license received the 1896 OTA update?
I don’t think it’s possible because you are paying for the eSim within the license I assume

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Mine updated without any problems downloading the 2 parts.
Seems ok so far but did notice all my map destinations have gone.
Didn't have to re-register as some have mentioned.
Got a long drive tomorrow so will see how it all performs.

barry7377

Feb 4, 2022
Off topic slightly but what is the difference between WiFi and esim?

Can you switch the esim off completely thus forcing, I assume, the car to take its connection via your phone? Is that the case?

Sent from my RMX1931 using Tapatalk

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Off topic slightly but what is the difference between WiFi and esim?

Can you switch the esim off completely thus forcing, I assume, the car to take its connection via your phone? Is that the case?

Yes, I use WiFi sometimes, so there's an option to turn Esim off, I then just use phone as a Hotspot

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2022
Hello Guys, I got the prompt for the update R8960L, I proceeded with the update, it took sometime, I did not leave the car on until the end, it was just auto-downloading at different times when the car was stationary. However, at the end, it said that the update failed.

Now I do not see any option to re-download or re-try the update process.

Is there any way to re-download the update?

Feb 28, 2022
Hello Guys, I got the prompt for the update R8960L, I proceeded with the update, it took sometime, I did not leave the car on until the end, it was just auto-downloading at different times when the car was stationary. However, at the end, it said that the update failed.

Now I do not see any option to re-download or re-try the update process.

Is there any way to re-download the update?
Quick update to the thread, I've managed to upgrade the software.

Ok, seems a bit faster, however I totally dislike the force to not have the start/stop + Lane assist shortcuts in front. It seems that they do that on purpose...

Anyone knows if there's a way to have it as a shortcut as before?

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
Quick update to the thread, I've managed to upgrade the software.

Ok, seems a bit faster, however I totally dislike the force to not have the start/stop + Lane assist shortcuts in front. It seems that they do that on purpose...

Anyone knows if there's a way to have it as a shortcut as before?
No, sorry. I'm driving the PHEV and there the start/stop is not an issue as the car is constantly changing between electricity and petrol. It feels to me as if they have totally forgotten that there are many non-PHEV vehicles in use. Or then it is deliberate move by VAG/SEAT to hide the start/stop deep in the menu(s), like you said --> in order to get the claimed consumption figures down. They want people to use it. I think you can mechanically disable the start/stop from the engine bay by disconnecting one cable from the battery to the engine. I did that to my other car (Skoda Fabia TSI).

barry7377

Feb 4, 2022
Has anyone in Europe managed to get this update? I'm in Spain and apart from a couple of small updates a few weeks ago, I've had nothing.

Feb 28, 2022
Has anyone in Europe managed to get this update? I'm in Spain and apart from a couple of small updates a few weeks ago, I've had nothing.

I'am in europe, just wait a bit, you will get the prompt. I had those small updates in the past couple weeks, and recently the big one popped up.

So just give it some time.

barry7377

Feb 4, 2022
I'am in europe, just wait a bit, you will get the prompt. I had those small updates in the past couple weeks, and recently the big one popped up.

So just give it some time.
Cheers. Are you on esim or onto your phones data connection?

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017

Finland is also in Europe :p

Yes, I managed to get it as well. First I got 3 small updates (bug fixes, etc.) in 2 weeks time. After those I got this big update (3,5 GB) via eSIM. I am now running software version A896. I guess I am still waiting for the second part of the update to arrive. It hasn't arrived yet although the system said it would arrive within 24 hours from the initial update.

Attachments

• if1.jpg
    if1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 188
  • if2.jpg
    if2.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 172
  • if3.jpg
    if3.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 179

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Can't say I'm impressed with the new version. Had 3 pops on one drive and the SOS error. Also had a completely blank screen once.
So I'm not really able to report any improvements at all.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.