Ovni MK4 Ibiza FR 20VT Full Paint Correction Detail - The first Ovni ORCA!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The appointment was booked in almost 2 months ago. This was a little bit of a blind date as I knew the bad reputation that the SEAT ovni paint had. I was relished this challenge as I wasn’t quite sure what the results would be.

This is how Orca’s car arrived. As you can see pretty dirty however this is quite understandable knowing Orca’s profession.

OrcaArrival1.JPG

OrcaArrival2.JPG

OrcaArrival3.JPG

Here are the weapons of choice:

Products

Wash n Drying
Meguairs NXT Tech Shampoo
Meguairs All Purpose Cleaner
Autoglym Tar Remover
Sonus Drying Towel
Meguairs Microfiber Clothes

Body Work / Polishes
Cleanyourcar fine polyclay
Meguairs Last Touch quick detailer
Menzerna Intensive Polish 85RD3.02
Menzerna Final Finish (PO 106 FA)

Sealants and Waxes
Klasse All in One
Collinite 476s

Plastics, Rubbers and Glass
Chemical Guys Wheel Guard
Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel
Tesco Glass Cleaner

Tools
Meguiars G220 mk2 machine polisher
Meguaris Interior Brush
Karcher Pressure washer
Snow foam Lance
Myriad of foam applicators
Menzerna Polish Pad (Orange)
Swissvax Detail Brush
Meguiars Wheel Spoke Brush
3M 3434 Masking Tape

The alloys and wheels were cleaned with Megs APC diluted at 4-1. They were also de-tarred with Autoglym Tar remover and then clayed with fine poly clay.

OrcaAPCWheels1.JPG

OrcaAPCWheels2.JPG

Here is the car Jet washed with just water. A lot of the surface grim came off quite easily. Even more came off with the snow foam.

OrcaJetWash1.JPG

OrcaJetWash2.JPG

OrcaJetWash3.JPG

OrcaJetWash4.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The car was littered with Tar spots. Out came the Autoglym Tar Remover and the clay bar again. The whole was clayed however for a car that goes all over the country and spends its life near the sea was, the clay stayed pretty clean considering.

Before
OrcaTar1.JPG

After
OrcaTar2.JPG

Plastics and Rubbers were cleaned and whole car washed again.
OrcaAPCPlastics1.JPG

The Ovni Orca was then taped up.
OrcaTaped1.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The machining process then followed. The swirls marks (weren’t that visible with my camera) were quite light so PA106FA worked a treat, credit to Orca for taking good care of the car!

OrcaBonnet1.JPG

OrcaBonnet2.JPG

OrcaWing1.JPG

OrcaWing2.JPG

OrcaWing3.JPG

Mark went with some work.
OrcaWing4.JPG

OrcaRoof1.JPG

As you can see from the above pretty impressive results. I was falling in love with the car the as it was simply looking gorgeous in person.

The Orca plastics, rubbers and tyres were all dressed.
OrcaDressed1.JPG

OrcaDressed2.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The paint was then sealed with CarLack 68 – I love this stuff, wet look heaven!

OrcaCarlack1.JPG

OrcaCarlack2.JPG

Exhaust got a good polish.

OrcaExhaust1.JPG

OrcaExhaust2.JPG

Car was then Collinited.

OrcaWaxed1.JPG

The Orca bows out

OrcaFinale1.JPG

OrcaFinale2.JPG

OrcaFinale3.JPG

OrcaFinale4.JPG

OrcaFinale5.JPG

I must say the day was a very satisfying and enjoyable one. Orca done a superb job with the interior and helping me out with bits n bobs. The car responded well to products used and I got an amazing demonstration of Smart Nav. This little Ovni Ibiza is truly an awesome car and very well looked after!

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Looking good as always Maz
Yours is next soon... ;)

Looks great!

Is it me, or is that tyre a little under inflated?
Cheers. No its just my drive way, people who done it before I got the house did a poor job.

That's just LUSH! :D
Thanks!

have to do mine soon maz mates rates lol
Hurry up and book then, you been saying that for months!

:drool::clap: Just goes to show what hours of love and attention can do for a car! Great job, looks superb.
Thanks for kind words!

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
Maz made a geat job of my poor car. It was very mucky as the day before I had to pick up a seal pup and transport it. He was lucky really the smell had gone.

The car is lovely and now looks it too. I will be back and get him done again. It was well worth it and the paint feels great. Also learnt alot about how to clean a car properly. Also got lots of tea and bacon sarnies. How is that for customer service. Well impressed
Thanks again mate

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Maz made a geat job of my poor car. It was very mucky as the day before I had to pick up a seal pup and transport it. He was lucky really the smell had gone.

The car is lovely and now looks it too. I will be back and get him done again. It was well worth it and the paint feels great. Also learnt alot about how to clean a car properly. Also got lots of tea and bacon sarnies. How is that for customer service. Well impressed
Thanks again mate
Thanks mate! Look forward to the next one :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Wicked results as always, might be calling on your services again in the summer if your up for doing my baby again?
Yea of course I am Deano :)

Look forward to having another crack at her especially with the knowledge I know now!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.