Ovni Owners!

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Its starting to get more and more noticable the colour difference between the plastic spoiler and my roof. I keep my car covered up all the time to keep the fading to a minimum but its still getting worse grrr :(

Does anybody else have a dodgy colour match on there spoilers???

Anybody had there roof resprayed?

:)

Stuie

Apr 5, 2005
Swindon
yep same here. spoiler and roof bars are a much deeper colour than the roof. Im sure my bonnet is fading slightly too. :(

Cupra Gaz

Sep 11, 2005
Linwood
yep mines too. the roof bar strips and spoiler are deeper but apparently the paint takes different to the plastic. also my petrol flap is slightly different in colour.

and just to make things better the laquer is peeling on the roof. i need to get along to seat and see if i got any cover from the paint warranty.

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
No colour difference in any of the panels on mine,although I did have the roof resprayed 2 years ago due to primer showing through and the hatchback sprayed due corrosion.

ljbinks

Mar 22, 2006
south wales - pontypridd
103_0150.jpg

i thought my bonnet had been sprayed or something when i bought mine but i couldn't see any tell tale signs of any spray job so i thought it just needed a good t cut but that didn't do a thing, which is the proper colour? it looks like the bonnet is a darker yellow and the rest has faded
:think:

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
hmmmm so we can just put it down to shitty seat paint.

That bonnett looks like its had a respray, my bonnetts fine its just the spoiler and roof bars that are bad.

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Russ_20vt said:
hmmmm so we can just put it down to shitty seat paint.

That bonnett looks like its had a respray, my bonnetts fine its just the spoiler and roof bars that are bad.
my 2001 leon has the same the spoiler,petral cap and bumpers in the right light look diff but then again they are all plastic and the metal panels all match,i think its all down to them beein plastic to be fair but this is only my opinion.

cupratiz

Yeah, my boot is a different colour to the panels on either side. I thought it might have had a ding but suspect its cos the boot is metal and either side is plastic.

Looks pretty crap for such a nice car!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Russ_20vt said:
Its starting to get more and more noticable the colour difference between the plastic spoiler and my roof. I keep my car covered up all the time to keep the fading to a minimum but its still getting worse grrr :(

Does anybody else have a dodgy colour match on there spoilers???

Anybody had there roof resprayed?

:)

yes

and laquer coming off the roof in sheets... no adhesion at all!

quality!

:( :no:

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
ljbinks said:
103_0150.jpg

i thought my bonnet had been sprayed or something when i bought mine but i couldn't see any tell tale signs of any spray job so i thought it just needed a good t cut but that didn't do a thing, which is the proper colour? it looks like the bonnet is a darker yellow and the rest has faded
:think:

Thats more than just paint fade... that looks totally different...

ovni boy

the only slight fade on mine is the wing mirrors, the rest is fine!!

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Yep mines the same, hoping the detailing session i'm paying for will improve it!