painted bump strips

1835harri

The legend
May 21, 2007
Llanelli, SW Wales
Just painted my bump strips. what you all recon. honest opinion now. its only temporary until i get my hands on a post face lift bodykit

cimg1212xb2.jpg

cimg1213ld3.jpg

cimg1214uf7.jpg

Also fitted my dump valve the other day and on my way to get my induction kit !!!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
From the the pics it looks a good match, I thought Onvi was a nightmare to colour code. Looks 10X better all yellow though [B)]

1835harri

The legend
May 21, 2007
Llanelli, SW Wales
well from that distance it doesnt lok that bad. there is a tiny difference because the match wasnt 100%. when i bought the spray he told me to use grey primer. but after having read articles, i found out i needed white primer so had to do it all again :( wasnt happy

Cupraloon

Look good fella, :thumbup:

certainly better than my attempt at the delocking debarcle...:redface:

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
looks really good mate :) im defo goin to do mine now.. i was thinking about it and that just shows me its a good idea to do it till i get a more permanent option :)

good job on the spraying :)

do you mind if i ask how much the paint was ?

rice-c87

i think i will get myn done while its in getting the body work sorted out shouldnt cost much more

youngsyd

I did mine too, needs redoing though so i will be 100 % happier about it then!

dsc0025dj0.jpg

Bit of an Arty Farty picture really....

youngsyd

Cheers, ill put one last pic up, dont wanna hijack the thread!

dsc0016sa0.jpg

Its needing to be redone as its annoying my, its not covered as well as i thought, but looks ok from a distance!

Deleted member 20482

hi all
did it to mine but would recommend getting the pre primmed ones.. as the orig black ones primmed up still have that ripple/bubble look to it..
pre primmed ones end up smooth.
this is the primmed bumper strip sprayed up..see nice and smooth
http://
http://

Last edited by a moderator:

youngsyd

Ive tried no end of times to get these from the dealer but to no avail!

Any part numbers, as i work for a skoda dealer and can get cheap!!!!

Deleted member 20482

where from mate? and are they costly?

got them from the stealers mate, not cheap around £20/£25 for some plastic..where as the standard ones are cheaper but the look isn't as good tbh

Deleted member 20482

Ive tried no end of times to get these from the dealer but to no avail!

Any part numbers, as i work for a skoda dealer and can get cheap!!!!

1M0 853 515 H GRU Primed Door Moulding Strip £11.62

1M0 853 516 H GRU Primed Door Moulding Strip £11.62

1M0 853 535 H GRU Primed Door Moulding Strip £9.32

1M0 853 536 H GRU Primed Door Moulding Strip £9.32

price not correct though they are alot more now like i said about £20/£25 each rears are slightly cheaper

Cupraloon

Looking good syd,

Think i'd deffo get the primered strips if was doing this, but spraying's not really my forte, i'd prefer to get a body shop do it, tbh, bit more expensive but if it's going to look crap after i've bodged it, then don't really want to make my car look bad, as it could damage the resale value..

Deleted member 20482

spraying is easier than you think.
if you get the primmed ones then nothing to do bar spray colour on it then lacquer.
did mine with aerosols. got the paint from a motor shop . as stealers wanted £20 plus vat for spray and lacquer..rip off.
honestly you cant go wrong..
just do lots of light strokes to get best coverage, let dry for at least 24 hrs then lacquer and again leave for 24hrs then attach to car. easy.

Cupraloon

Thought i'd done that with me delocking cap, and it looked ok to start with till put it on the car then it's about 3 shades darker than the rest of the car.... :cry:

Gonna have to redo it at some point methinks..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members