Part filled and left engine with just water - damage?

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
i started to fill the fluids day before yestoday and put a milk bottle full of water in which is 2.27 litres, never got round to topping the rest up and forgot till tonight, any chances of damage or will it be ok? Ive just poured 1.5 litres of G12 in and squeezed the bottom hose and it was kinda mushy like slush so hopefully it hasnet compleatly frozen up and cracked nothing :blink:

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Ive never noticed core plugs on these apart from on the water pump, i might whip top cover off tomorrow and have a look as im paranoid due to ammount of work i done, if head or anything is cracked then its off to the crusher.

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Its unlikely to have caused any damage even if its frozen, like you said it will only expand and crack something if there is nowhere for it to expand to and as yours wasnt full it should just expand.
Hopefully yours should be ok, though I will buy your brembos if it goes to the crusher ;)

Fozly

Dec 2, 2009
If the system wasn't full up then I would expect you to be ok, as there would be space for the water to expand into as it froze, rather than breaking its way out the system.