passenger door mirror wont fold? help plz

gaz-lcr

hi guys

was parking in a tight asda car park the other day, so went to fold my mirrors in and only the drivers side moves??? :think:

so i checked what was working and both mirrors move and i can even hear what i think is the motor turning in the passenger mirror but no movement..

any ideas or adive on removing wing mirrors so i dont damage them?

thanks in advance gaz

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
i have the exact same problem. can hear the motor whirring though. will be checking it this weekend.
the cover does just clip off with a bit of force.

gaz-lcr

i think i'll be trying to fix it tomorrow as i've got the car off the missus for once as it needs new tyres, three punctures in 1 tyre and i didnt know about the first 2 till i took it off to fix the third.

i think i know what ur talkin about from fixing my leaky drivers door.

i'll let you know how it goes.

does any1 have any exploded diagrams of the wing mirrors or know which manual is best as there aint a haynes?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
i think i'll be trying to fix it tomorrow as i've got the car off the missus for once as it needs new tyres, three punctures in 1 tyre and i didnt know about the first 2 till i took it off to fix the third.

i think i know what ur talkin about from fixing my leaky drivers door.

i'll let you know how it goes.

does any1 have any exploded diagrams of the wing mirrors or know which manual is best as there aint a haynes?

Pull the mirror lense out; then you will see the clips holding the plastic covers on; take this off and all is exposed :)

gaz-lcr

i had a go this afternoon, not very successful is 1 way of putting it

got everything off the mirror, surround, the coloured front and then i couldnt get the folding mech apart. it looks like you need some sort of a large peg spaner to remove the bit which holds the spring down and the rest of the mirror on.

i could work out if it was a screw fit or a bayonet fit ???

i think i might ring seat and see if the sell the winding motor on its own or if it comes from them as a complete unit with the bracket and loom?

i'll keep u posted

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
i had a go this afternoon, not very successful is 1 way of putting it

got everything off the mirror, surround, the coloured front and then i couldnt get the folding mech apart. it looks like you need some sort of a large peg spaner to remove the bit which holds the spring down and the rest of the mirror on.

i could work out if it was a screw fit or a bayonet fit ???

i think i might ring seat and see if the sell the winding motor on its own or if it comes from them as a complete unit with the bracket and loom?

i'll keep u posted

how did u get on with this Gaz? got the same problem with mine, took the plastic cover off and there was a few peices of broken plastic that fell out. couldnt work how they connect but when i tried to retract the mirrors it just makes a noise but doesnt move.

gaz-lcr

yer sorry, i contacted the dealers and the only bits they sell are the glass, coloured front and the rest of the wing mirror!!!

the wing mirror cost 92 pounds i think that includes VAT but not sure.

i guess that means it dont matter if its a bayonet fit or not cause it seems like it aint designed to come apart and be fixed.

hopefully my after market warrenty will cover it, but i no it dont cover fault finding which is why i've made the effort to find out what it is and if its fixable.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members