Passenger door wont open

Luffer

May 2, 2009
Hi,

My electric window regulator broke recently so today I went about replacing it, the clips had snapped so decided to replace the whole assembly. It all went seeming well, with just a couple of minor difficulties, but nothing too bad. I was really pleased with myself for a job well done.... until I tried to open the door that is!

Disaster.... it won't open! Both handles do nothing at all and with the door shut I can't get the panel out to gain access to the mechanism to see what's gone wrong.

Is there anyone here with some advise on what to do now? I could take it to the dealer and have them fix it, but seeing as I snubbed their offer of repairing the window at extortionate cost, I will feel a complete numpty going back to them now. I just know they'll do the whole smug "we told ya so" routine and still charge me a fortune to sort the door.

So, how do you open the door when the handles don't work?

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
You should be able to take the panel off with the door shut , has the door pin dropped down?? , as that happened to me & took off the panel with the door shut & it opened ok then.

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
You should be able to take the panel off with the door shut , has the door pin dropped down?? , as that happened to me & took off the panel with the door shut & it opened ok then.

He probably cant take the door card off because of the 2 screws in the bottom that are blocked by the door seal.
Hmm the only thing I can think off is unscrewing the lock pin on top of the door card then get a pair of pliers pull it up as much as you can and try to open the door again otherwise take the interior door handle off find the cable that attaches to the lock and pull it with them pliers see what happens.

kevlpool24

apr tuned
Mar 15, 2008
liverpool
i know what u have done you have not put the central locking pin back in the lock
i done the same thing today and i cant open my door either so if you figure it out let me know too cos i dont know either

matt110tdi

The cause of this problem is simply the exterior door handle cable not correctly adjusted and re-fitted too tightly. Luckily I hadn't fitted the blanking barrel to the handle and I could re-adjust the cable until both handles work. As soon as you release the tight cable from the exterior handle, the interior handle should open the door. In my case it was the passenger side front door I was working on.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise