passenger seat catch not working!

Joker1067

After the 6 hour marathon of car cleaning I spent yesterday I just wanted to share with you all my joy of having my Beeza clean and tidy :D and to ask if any other Beeza 3dr owners have had any issues with the passenger seat catch not working to bring it forward. Had the seat in bits for about 3 hours without taking too much off (just bits of trim and the bottom on the cover off, just bits I know I could put back together :redface:) and found the cable for the right hand catch (handbrake side) had stretched and doesnt have the tension to unclip...hope that all made sense! Anyone else had this problem and any ideas on fixing it? atm have just wound it round a bar and put a knot in it for some extra tension its better, but still not right.

Any suggestions appriciated as i dont want to ring SEAT for them to charge me god knows how much to take my seat cover off to replace a £3 piece of cable [:@], or maybe im just being cheap lol

Many Thanks

Joker1067

God dam! its so hard to get posts up lol everything has already been covered!

Joker1067

Thanks think il take a look now, really should do some work lol, but apparently one of the guys I used to work with used to be a SEAT mechanic :D so if I get a cable he can do it.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
There was another really good post with some pics of what others had found in there seats causing problems.
But, guess what? I cant find it now!
My passenger seat is broke still aswell, pull the handle up and it feels like it isnt attached to anything :(
Will get round to sorting it one day :whistle:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise