Pastywagon sprint dates 2010 - Overall championship win!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
still confused as to how it must be one but not etc byt never mind - only ever read the drag racing bits normally anyway :)

so when you paying up then ?

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
This discussion is over and you need to carefully consider what you are saying. All you have said is noted.

If you wish to take this further, you need to put your money where your mouth is and make an official protest to the MSA.

Its put up or shut up time.

Ludicrous.

A former competitor of yours said the first thing he does if anyone looks at his car, is to give them a jack, open the bonnet, and let them get stuck in. There's simply nothing to hide.

You haven't responded to prompts from others last night to simply front up the engine ID.

So to clear this matter up, what engine block are you running Rob? It's 100% legal you say, so shouldn't be an issue telling folks what it is. It's not like there are any particularly choice production 4 cyl blocks around that are kept secret, so there's nothing at all to be gained from not saying what it is :shrug:

Simple.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
"Ergo, it (Rob's) engine isn't from a Mk2 Ibiza."

owned_0946.jpg

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
So?

My car is considered 100% legal by every relevant official involved with the racing in which I participate.

What you think means jack sh*t, and is totally irrelevant.

Now shoo.

(moderators, over to you)

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
The final rounds of the championship at Thoresby have now gone and I am very proud to announce that I appear to be Division 2 overall champion.

http://www.speedchampionship.com/

AVE IT!

Well chuffed. This has been seven years in the making since I started at Curborough in April 2003. My car is now pretty competitive, but it has been a very steady and lengthy development process working out what works and what doesn't.

Liverpool and Chester MC is a cracking group of people and I can only recommend that anyone fancying a try at sprinting in the North West give them a try.

Special thanks goes to Chris Eyre who's very unsporting attempts to foil my season have failed spectacularly. If anything Chris, you have been an inspiration and driven me even harder to succeed. So cheers, but EPIC FAIL!

My car has an engine block 100% legal for the class and championship. All officials agree. You are wrong. Bad call.

Needless to say, after criticising some very influential club and MSA officials and making a general nuisance of yourself, you wont be very welcome in hillclimb and sprint paddocks in The North for a while. Its quite possible the MSA will be having a quiet word also, so keep an eye on your mailbox.

Now to a winter of further developments. Must have more speed!

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Openess by Rob as to his block would clear up this argument and show that he is within the rules, although I do see that he is having fun taking Chris for a little goose chase.. 1.8 ADL bored to 2.0 would sit him perfectly well within the rules would it not?

I wonder if our resident 'marque expert' would care to confirm if such an engine would be acceptable, and 100% within the rules for modified production 1400-2000cc?

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
cheers - taking stock of what to do next presently - go more all out with the ibiza, or move on to something else - decisions decisions

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Uhuh..... because a wide arch 9000rpm revving car isn't "enough" all out?

:D

well its a start I suppose

there is a LOT more that could be done within the mod prod regs, especially if I take it off the road

my car is more 'road modified' than full blown 'mod prod' as I have kept it road legal, so far

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
:thumbup:

Nice work Rob, good to see the Pickle finally winning a season's Champ's ;)

If there's more to get out of the Ibiza, then I say go for it....... if not, you'll only ever regret it, and be sat there in your armchair (with smoking jacket and slippers ;) ) thinking "what if I'd only done this...." ;) :lol:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Very Well done on the C'ship result.
A lot of hard work gone into it, in research, build etc

Respect to you Rob..

Excellent outcome

:thumbup: