jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Hi Guys,

Been having a slight problem with boost for a week or 2 and have been over all my hoses and double checked since I fitted my THS boost hose kit, to check that fitting the new hoses hadn't caused the problem.

Found a split on the Y-shaped PCV/ Breather hose and think this could be whats causing the problem.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that Volksbits/ Creations Motorsport are top guys. I called them on sunday evening to see when they'd have the silicone uprated breather hoses in stock and he said about 2 weeks. Got an unexpected phonecall later on sunday and he'd had a search through his stock and found me one (albeit a blue one) got it dispatched first thing monday morning and arrived today.

Highly recommend these guys and will probably be buying a TIP from them in the near future :)

Here's my goodies.. anyone want to swap their black one for my blue one by any chance?

IMG00109.jpg

gingerben

Jan 1, 2008
Lucky bast***d, i phoned him a week ago and he couldnt get me one, been saying 2 weeks for the last month, hopefully he will get some more in soon or its a new stock one for me, let me know when you got it on and what power is like as mine has been split since i got car and coming from 1.4 anything seems better so dont know if im down on power, mines just gaffer taped up at the mo.

Good he managed to sort you out tho, im after a black one to.

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
yeah the bloke there (Tanveer) told me they've been mega busy as they've been revamping their website, so everything is showing out of stock. I just gave them a call as with everything showing out of stock I wondered if the company was still active.

All my THS kit is black, so It won't match, but never mind!

I seem to be getting very little/no boost.. no figures exactly, since my boost guage is currently wrapped up under my christmas tree :( , but I have started on this little mount, as I couldn't justify paying £40 for the plastic blanking plate one.

work in progress:
IMG00108.jpg

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Managed to fit this today in -4 degrees conditions.

With it just being a breather hose, I didn't know if it would solve my problem of hesitation as it seems to want to boost very early and cuts about half a second later. Then nothing right through the rev-range.

It seems to have done the trick, after a few short blast up and down the dual carriage-way. Although I need to get my boost guage and vag-com on the case to check it's not just placebo effect. :)

Original Hose
IMG00034.jpg

New One Fitted
IMG00035.jpg