PD160 Intake fitting after Remap

luna fr

Nov 11, 2008
Macclesfield
I had a Remap at P-Torque with the standard 130PD air intake and now I am fitting a PD160 intake pipe and Trumpet, will it make any difference to the power output compared to if I had it fitted before the remap. Also when I had the map done Will said air intake was restrictive, I was surprised at this as I had a pipiercross filter in, has anyone else found that a modified filter to be restrictive. I think it was filter because Will suggested this.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
hi, i had the bigger intake fitted at the same time as the remap with a new standard air filter.the bigger intake is needed at full throttle to make the most of the remap, im assuming your filter was clean? but im guessing will was talking about the size of your pipe!:lol:

i dont think fitting before or after remap makes much difference to final output as the stage 1 remap is generic (i could be wrong). you may find that the final output on the rolling road Will did was less than you had hoped or a little smokier due to the restrictive air intake.

bang on that expensive bit of plastic and youll only really notice the difference in sound.

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Changing just the intake snorkel wont do any harm, it only decreases the "suction work" what the turbo has to do, an this only in a very very small amount....

Regards, ALEX

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
I had a Remap at P-Torque with the standard 130PD air intake and now I am fitting a PD160 intake pipe and Trumpet, will it make any difference to the power output compared to if I had it fitted before the remap. Also when I had the map done Will said air intake was restrictive, I was surprised at this as I had a pipiercross filter in, has anyone else found that a modified filter to be restrictive. I think it was filter because Will suggested this.

Hi There

Your filter is fine.

I suggested that changing the actual intake pipe itself helps pull a little more air over the standard intake.

When you compare the diameter of the pipe you will see what I mean :)

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
hello, i had a stage 1 remap by ptorque and then fitted a pd160 intake and a green panel filter, it definately made it less smokey! also felt more responsive through higer rev range. Made it sound slightly better when i fitted the panel filter.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
as mentioned already, stage 1 remaps are generic and fitting parts before or after won't have much effect on power gains. the panel filter might make it a tad more responsive but not really noticeable, reason why i never bothered as i'm only gonna have stage 1

luna fr

Nov 11, 2008
Macclesfield
I fitted the pd160 intake pipe yesterday. It seems to make a difference it revs a bit more freely and makes a little more induction noise

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise