Phone Holders

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Company I work for has made it illegal to use them while driving a company vehicle or using personal vehicle for work purposes.

Here at Scottish Water, you can only answer a call with hands free (No outgoing calls unless an emergency) and all managers etc are told not to make calls to vehicles unless really required.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
that's utilities for you. One of my prospects was EDF, and I phoned my contact from my car, on hands free, but soon as he detected I was in the car he said he'd have to hang up as they are "not allowed to talk to anyone on a car phone, no matter how connected". Had to call him back when out of the car. So I was forced to stop for a coffee and cake.
Health and safety, apparently - they're incredibly paranoid about accident rates and causes, whether their own people or contractors.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
that's utilities for you. One of my prospects was EDF, and I phoned my contact from my car, on hands free, but soon as he detected I was in the car he said he'd have to hang up as they are "not allowed to talk to anyone on a car phone, no matter how connected". Had to call him back when out of the car. So I was forced to stop for a coffee and cake.
Health and safety, apparently - they're incredibly paranoid about accident rates and causes, whether their own people or contractors.

Same as us we aren't allowed to speak to people if they are on phone while driving.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
now we know why obesity is such a problem.
anytime someone in a car needs to talk to someone like a utility or Network Rail he has to stop for coffee and cake.
sometimes I'm in a real rush and can't wait for the coffee to cool, so it's just cake or a special offer of chocolate in the filling station.....:)

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Item no 654890 - Angled mount £15.19 inc VAT PnP is the special bracket to which you screw or stick the unique bracket for your phone about another £15 ish. (got mine 2nd hand on ebay for SGS3 £15)

Does anyone have any experience of removing this type of mount? My car is on a company lease and will need to be standard when returned, so removal is important.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
As for debadging. Make sure car is warm in the sun, use nylon string or similar and saw through the glue, clean up with a suitable solvent

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
I have an Airframe. Just clips into the vent, its discreet and secure and works well for me.

Ordered one and it turned up today, much better than the cheap and clunky phone holder off ebay.

got any pictures of it in action (and not in action) fitted on the leon vents? tempted but from previous experience with vent mounts they either restrict airflow too much or are not very secure and wobble about a fair bit

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Where did you get your current holder from Scott? Could do with one rather than putting my phone in the cup holders. Yours looks a bit like a headless stickman :)

You can order it direct from the link I posted above, but I think I got mine from Amazon at the time. It's great as you can angle it as well so I have the phone turned towards me. Was on Dragons Den many years ago.

Scott

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
You can order it direct from the link I posted above, but I think I got mine from Amazon at the time. It's great as you can angle it as well so I have the phone turned towards me. Was on Dragons Den many years ago.

Scott

Cheers Scott found them on Amazon :) think I'll get one ordered.

Craig

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Does anyone have any experience of removing this type of mount? My car is on a company lease and will need to be standard when returned, so removal is important.

I never used the sticky pads when fitting mine.

I replaced the top sticky pad with a thin piece of rubber and it has held perfectly without moving.
The bottom hooks in to the dash so the pad is not needed anyhow.

When I take it off you will not know it was ever there

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
I never used the sticky pads when fitting mine.

I replaced the top sticky pad with a thin piece of rubber and it has held perfectly without moving.
The bottom hooks in to the dash so the pad is not needed anyhow.

When I take it off you will not know it was ever there

That's good to know, thank you.

I'm wondering if it's really needed now as most of the functions I want can be accessed via the media system. As I get more familiar with the car's functions the less I think I need access to my phone. Now I know more about the music I'll probably copy it all to an SD card then that side of it is not needed on the phone and the rest of the phone is just phone...

If there is something that needs me to mess with the phone, I really should pull over! :rolleyes:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
the actual phone bit through the media system works really well - what some find is that the satnav isn't as good as a TomTom or garmin system...or maybe the WAZE app, so they use the phone as a nav system instead.
As I don't, and my music was all on CDs or the laptop as MP3 files, I just got a 32GB SD card and use the media system for everything.
And I'm very happy with that...

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
That's good to know, thank you.

I'm wondering if it's really needed now as most of the functions I want can be accessed via the media system. As I get more familiar with the car's functions the less I think I need access to my phone. Now I know more about the music I'll probably copy it all to an SD card then that side of it is not needed on the phone and the rest of the phone is just phone...

If there is something that needs me to mess with the phone, I really should pull over! :rolleyes:

I only really use it as a phone holder and charger.

I have attached a brodit active cradle to my bracket so it charges the phone when driving.

And as andrewpain says - occasionally - the phone navigation is better than the car one.

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
He! He! As I have neither Tomtom or Garmin, having any kind of Sat-Nav is a major bonus. So as I know no better, I'm really happy with it. The music will go on an SD card. Sorted.

Thanks for all the input folks, I'm liking this forum a lot. [B)]

guari

Nov 17, 2014
Ram mount, got fed up with chinesse crappy build quality and went for a good thing.

Worth every penny, solid as a rock

galaxy3.jpg

Last edited:

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
Just received my airframe. Thaks guys for recommending It.
great quality , very sturdy and pleasant to look at.
12quid well spent compared to the cheap 5quid jobs I usually buy which last about a month .