Phone Holders

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
That's good to know, thank you.

I'm wondering if it's really needed now as most of the functions I want can be accessed via the media system. As I get more familiar with the car's functions the less I think I need access to my phone. Now I know more about the music I'll probably copy it all to an SD card then that side of it is not needed on the phone and the rest of the phone is just phone...

If there is something that needs me to mess with the phone, I really should pull over! :rolleyes:

My phone just stays in my pocket as the Bluetooth connection to the car works just great, and as my music is on a SD card and I have never had any probs with the sat nav, why do I need a holder. The only holder in my car is when listing to Slades greatest hits album.:lol:

guari

Nov 17, 2014
My phone just stays in my pocket as the Bluetooth connection to the car works just great, and as my music is on a SD card and I have never had any probs with the sat nav, why do I need a holder. The only holder in my car is when listing to Slades greatest hits album.:lol:
I personally use an app called cameralert, shows you a speed camera map, GPS speed and reminds you of the limits. I have to be able to see the phone while driving.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Any idea where to go inside the board with charging cable?
Bought Brodit, located in the same place like on these pics, just with hidden charging under the board...
eFGRQPJ.jpg

jUg99qn.jpg

And trying to find a place and suitable "road" for cable to the fuse box.
I am an European (sorry Englishmen, but I had to make this joke :rofl:), so left hand steering, Brodit is located on the right side (no annoying power button issue on radio, never used right button), fuse box under the steering wheel so I have to find a way for the cable behind the air-con panel.....

Biggest issue is where to go with cable under the board.
Any advise?

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
Even hands free is dangerous, the amount of accidents I have heard of at work is unbelievable, only a matter of time till hands free is made illegal anyway.

When you say 'hands-free' are you referring to people talking into their mobiles on speaker phone or a cable to there ear etc? If so, this is already illegal.

Or do you mean the use of proper 'in-car' systems?

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
He means all kind of hands-free, making calls in a car.
I understand him, it is dangerous, even with build in BT system. When you are calling, your interest is somewhere else, not on the road. You are listening to call, thinking about business or what not to forget when your wife is dictating you list of items she needs from supermarket etc....

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
I understand him, it is dangerous, even with build in BT system. When you are calling, your interest is somewhere else, not on the road. You are listening to call, thinking about business or what not to forget when your wife is dictating you list of items she needs from supermarket etc....

I know and agree, i just think it is a very difficult precedent to set. I'm really not defending making calls in the car as the whole practise is dangerous. I have the full Bluetooth, voice activated system but dislike using it. If they go down this route, though, there are lots of things which should be banned including ANY adjustment to radio/sat nav whilst the car is in motion. This would actually be very easy to set!

I would argue the single most distracting thing in my car is actually my four year old son, so maybe we shouldn't have passengers at all?

Please don't think i'm being deliberately argumentative, i think one of biggest factors in car accidents is lack of concentration, along with driver skill. Not Speed!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

Correct, I try to never use the phone in the car, at work we are told to stop car if we want to use the phone.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Thank you nljungstrand for instructions, it will help a lot for electrical part under the steering wheel.
I still have to find a suitable way how to get a cable in the board on the other side, here:
854890-3.jpg

854890-4.jpg

nljungstrand

May 13, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
It might be possible to route the cable along the dashboard, behind the softer plastic of the upper part of the dash, where the tool is inserted in your picture, and into the dash by the steering column. Try to squeeze the cable in place using the tool.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I just open the glove box and plug in the cable which is attached to the supplied mitsumi cable on the occasion that a charge is needed. Perhaps lhd is different

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.