Phone Holders

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Tried lots of ideas and finally settled on this after a relative got done for checking on the traffic whilst stationary in the traffic jam. He neglected the Police Car waiting in the same jam next to him.

It's a Brodit set specially made for the Leon Mk 3

eFGRQPJ.jpg

jUg99qn.jpg

Here's the manufacturers website for those interested

http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=654890&pn=prod&brand=Seat&model=Leon&year=2014

Item no 654890 - Angled mount £15.19 inc VAT PnP is the special bracket to which you screw or stick the unique bracket for your phone about another £15 ish. (got mine 2nd hand on ebay for SGS3 £15)

Plus points:
Quality plastic finish
Rock solid
Smooth adjustable Tilt and swivel
No reflections in phone

Minus Points
Pricey
Slightly blocks off the LHS vent volume dial

Anyone else got any other solutions?

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Yep, I've got one of those fitted to mine, and as you say it is rock solid, and does not block the vent to much. I have connected a wireless charging holder to mine to hold my LG G3

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Yep, I've got one of those fitted to mine, and as you say it is rock solid, and does not block the vent to much. I have connected a wireless charging holder to mine to hold my LG G3

What's the wireless charger like? Sounds brilliant to avoid wires everywhere

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Pretty good, still need to have one USB wire either going to the glove box or to the aux port for charging, but can still hide that. Just great not having to plug and unplug the cable each time

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Pretty good, still need to have one USB wire either going to the glove box or to the aux port for charging, but can still hide that. Just great not having to plug and unplug the cable each time

Agreed. I like the sound of this wireless charging thingy

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Did you say you have a S3? Think you can also buy a wireless attachment for that

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Tried lots of ideas and finally settled on this after a relative got done for checking on the traffic whilst stationary in the traffic jam. He neglected the Police Car waiting in the same jam next to him.

It's a Brodit set specially made for the Leon Mk 3

eFGRQPJ.jpg

jUg99qn.jpg

Here's the manufacturers website for those interested

http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=654890&pn=prod&brand=Seat&model=Leon&year=2014

Item no 654890 - Angled mount £15.19 inc VAT PnP is the special bracket to which you screw or stick the unique bracket for your phone about another £15 ish. (got mine 2nd hand on ebay for SGS3 £15)

Plus points:
Quality plastic finish
Rock solid
Smooth adjustable Tilt and swivel
No reflections in phone

Minus Points
Pricey
Slightly blocks off the LHS vent volume dial

Anyone else got any other solutions?

I have the same kit just haven't got round to buying a new holder for HTC. Still got my Nexus one

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Are there any other solutions out there that people are using or is this the one to go for?

Yeh keep it in your pocket, and don't use a mobile when driving, how did we manage without them. Even hands free is dangerous, the amount of accidents I have heard of at work is unbelievable, only a matter of time till hands free is made illegal anyway.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Yeh keep it in your pocket, and don't use a mobile when driving, how did we manage without them. Even hands free is dangerous, the amount of accidents I have heard of at work is unbelievable, only a matter of time till hands free is made illegal anyway.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately my pocket doesn't have a convenient USB port to plug a lead in to to keep my phone charged when its being used for sat nav.....

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks for that. Unfortunately my pocket doesn't have a convenient USB port to plug a lead in to to keep my phone charged when its being used for sat nav.....

If it was in your pocket you wouldn't be able to see your sat nav either ;)

I use mine often as a sat nav as its much more convenient than the built in nav in the car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members