pic of dv!

j2vw

hello. was just wondering if any1 here has a pic of the standard dv and where it is in the engine bay? i have got a forge 1 and going to fit it when it isnt wet! didnt come with fitting instructions hoping its just straight swap. couldnt find any pics when did a search but i remember seeing 1 on here ages ago. its a lc i have got. thanks

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
My usual theory.... look at your new part, look in engine for similar part, take that part off, and then fit new part on.

You will need new jubilee clips before you start though as the VAG ones are one use only clips!

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
try this:

bosch5.jpg

Aug 29, 2006
Poole
:sick:

I only use that term when women need to be told their FUGLY!

To use it on that DV though, is it even close enough??

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
OPInION

No point startin another post on dv, my dump valve playin up i think after i then removed it to check it.
I have forgde 007p dv, i done pen test but when i let go of piston, it goes back down even wih my finger pressed hard on the vacum line. (my finger are sour now).

Does the seal suppose to look like this the edges look very worn out! ive only done around 3000 miles when fitted! do you think i need a new seal lads? :confused:

DSC00592.jpg

charvel

I always assumed that my DV was a standard Bosch one, but it's made from metal and doesnt look like that ugly black thing above. Did/do they make the Bosch in a metal variety as well?

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I think that is metal, mate. Probably just sprayed.

How much pressure to dvs have exerted on them? I'm not sure plastic would be upto the job? :S Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Aug 29, 2006
Poole
Only standard is plastic I believe...Unless others know better.
Are you the only owner? If not, did the previous owner change it? They are renound for buggering!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
I think that is metal, mate. Probably just sprayed.

How much pressure to dvs have exerted on them? I'm not sure plastic would be upto the job? :S Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

it is plastic, its just a valve, the outer casing doesnt have any effect really. its the diaphragm inside that counts, but that is renowned to fail

charvel

No I'm second owner so looks like it could well be non standard, will have to take a closer look at it.
I do know that it doesnt have an inlet/outlet on top like the forge ones do, it looks exactly the same as the one above but made from metal.

j2vw

thanks for the pic. i know where the guides are now for when i am doing other bits to my car!

charvel

sorry for hijacking your thread for a minute j2vw, couldnt see the point of starting a new one as it was related to the subject.

andycupra

status subject to change
No point startin another post on dv, my dump valve playin up i think after i then removed it to check it.
I have forgde 007p dv, i done pen test but when i let go of piston, it goes back down even wih my finger pressed hard on the vacum line. (my finger are sour now).

Does the seal suppose to look like this the edges look very worn out! ive only done around 3000 miles when fitted! do you think i need a new seal lads? :confused:

DSC00592.jpg

is that part of the forge 007p?

when doing the pen test, the piston will move down partially, (about half way)
but should be held back from closing.

the rings around the top are what are prone to fail if any.
or the top isnt done up. (but then also note dont do it up to tight as this will compromise the rubber ring seals).

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
yes its the 007p, with the pen test the whole things comes back down.
so do i need to replace that rubber seal?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.