beefy

Oct 28, 2006
out with the old :( gonna miss it, had it for 2 years and about 3 months

car.jpg

this is my new car :), pick it up tomorrow after work hopefully

11102007131.jpg

11102007132.jpg

11102007133.jpg

sorry about the poor quality of the pics they were just taken tonight outside the garage, not the best camera phone and the car hasnt been valeted yet :p, just wanted to get some pics :) comments welcome.

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
wouldnt the budget strech to a cupra - or didnt you like them.

I really dont like either the corsa vxr, the astra vxr or infact the vectra vxr.

They just dont appeal to me at all :(

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
The VXR shape makes the corsa look alot better but still not the car for me but hope you have lots of happy motoring miles!!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Good luck with your choice however I would have spent my money on a Leon Cupra thats faster, better looking and will hold its value unlike the vauxhal that will drop like a mofo.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
You know what, i quite like them, as said, got its pros and cons,
but interior is nice on the good ones, least you'll be able to sell it no probs!
It better be going up the stip on Sunday!

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
Nice interior. Like the centre exhaust too. Bit on small side for me though! Should be fun wee car!

lol it actually has more leg room than the leon FR - well whatcar claim that anyway if you compare the 2. Although the leon boot is bigger!

I could have bought a cupra (ibiza) easilly, a leon curpa would have been stretching my budget a little, got a REALLY good deal on the corsa. The Ibiza however would have been a fair bit cheaper but i had a cordy for over 2 years and i wanted something new, sitting in the ibiza cupra did not win me over because i felt as if i was buying a fairly similar car (i know i am going to get a lot of stick for saying that :lol:) to the one i already owned.

Maybe there is still a bit of teenager in me but i love the look of the corsa and inside i think its really nice, i will never modify it. it turned heads when i was test driving it which i'll be honest, i liked it, no one ever took a double take on my cordy, maybe its a bit vain but hey.

I suppose in the end it all comes down to personal preference, if we all bought cupra's it'd be kinda boring. its fast, imo its amazing looking and i will enjoy driving it, thats enough for me :)

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
see you on barryboys :p

only joking.....not my cup of tea but i'm sure you'll have plenty of fun it (if getting eyed up by schoolies is your idea of fun):p

Oct 12, 2005
I really really like them...good choice. I agree with you 100% about the beezer cupra interior. It just doesnt cut it these days and I have one! Love the corsa vxr. Hope it all goes well. I bet that flies with a remap.

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
I really really like them...good choice. I agree with you 100% about the beezer cupra interior. It just doesnt cut it these days and I have one! Love the corsa vxr. Hope it all goes well. I bet that flies with a remap.

not really researched it much but i have heard that they can easilly be remapped to 222 bhp which would be fun, it is rapid with 192 bhp. i am absolutely loving it, i think it is a really nice car that doesnt need modded at all, think some people just associate it with being a corsa and dont give it a chance. It has a nice exhaust, a nice body kit, nice alloys, healf leather recaro bucket seats, very good handing and a really nice interior, amazing breaks, nice break calipers etc. people buy other types of cars and buy the above mods, i dont know much about much with cars so im just happy iv got a nice looking car straight from the factory without having to worry bout telling insurance etc about mods :)

if the new ibiza was coming out within the next year id prob have held off but 2 years is a bit long to wait for a car i might not even like (im sure i will though). didnt want the current beezer for the reasons in the last post and the clio 197/207 GTi/Mini Cooper S aren't really to my liking.... and the Mazda 2 MPS i think will be amazing but i just wanted a "Hot Supermini" (dont need a big car) and the corsa imo is the best atm :)

Last edited:

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Well put Graham! - Me and my mate compared it to the new Corsa when it drove by you on the motorway going to Crail and from the back there is no panel the same as the standard one! lol - I think it looks great! :coolthumb: but I wouldnt buy it! lol!! - I like the gear inside though!!!

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
would of gone for a newer leon or ibiza, vauxhalls are unreliable, lol:lol:

lol with modern cars i dont think it really matters, plus i have a 3 year waranty :lol:

anyway you read plenty on here about people having probs with SEAT's too so it happens even with the best of companies. think it is just how lucky you are with your own car :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise