Pics/advice required - towbar on an Ibiza? (Cupra TDI)

shortandy

A11y

thanks for the listing photos on fitting your cupra tdi towbar.

Can you drop me a quick line on the bumper removal section cheers andy

jharris1981

Nealo, could you give me any info on the make/model of bike rack you use? I need to be able to transport bikes over very short distances and very occasionally so i dont think i really want to spend all that money on a tow bar (although i do think it looks really nice considering!)

Cheers!

jharris1981

is it even possible for the cupra and FR?

I bought my towbar from GDW , makes towbar for almost all cars, on their website it says excl cupra & FR

I haven't done it myself, but reading back through this thread and looking at the photos, it definitely seems to be possible... not sure if the boot mounted option is a brilliant idea as it is likely to damage the rear spoiler, but i'm willing to take a chance given how infrequently and briefly i'm going to be using it ....

a11y

2 wheels better...
Jul 18, 2007
Central Scotland
A blast from the past...

Just got a PM from someone asking about towbars after finding this thread. I don't use SCN at all but still get PM notifications via e-mail, so if anyone's got any questions about fitting a towbar to an Ibiza Cupra, PM me instead of posting in the thread. I'll continue to help if I can :)

Unfortunately I can't remember much about rear bumper removal, that was a long time ago I did that. It can't be too hard though, even I managed it...

(ironically I'm debating selling the Z4 I replaced the Ibiza with, and funnily enough an Ibiza TDI would now fit the bill perfectly. Oh well)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.