Pics of Defects found on car after 72 hours

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Some help needed on what to do. I have already notified the dealer of the issues by eMail with these same photos.

Here are the pics...

A Pillar Issue. (Really unsightly and not happy at all)

passenger_A_Pillar.jpg

Close_Up_Passenger_A_Piller.jpg

Cloth_With_lighter_As_Reference.jpg

Steering Wheel. (Not noticeable, but irritating knowing it is damaged)

Upside_Down_Steering_Wheel.jpg

close_up_steering_wheel.jpg

Picture of the steering wheel on the other side

Normal_steering_wheel.jpg

normal_steering_wheel_rear.jpg

So what do you guys think?

neilandbob

Dec 17, 2006
uffculme devon
wouldn't be happy at all with mate , nearly 18 grands worth of car !!!!!!! i would be [:@] take it back straight away and kick someone's a@@ while your there !!!!

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
looks like the airbag isn't clipped in right - can you give it a good push?

Gave it a good push and found that there is a bit of a spring loaded setup on the centre circle and 3 points on the steering wheel. Will wait and see what the dealer says about it via eMail.

Anyone reckon the damage on the A pillar is easy to fix by a professional?

Last edited:

Fishy

May 16, 2005
It can be fixed by being replaced! At 72 hours old I'd be asking some questions.

Fish

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
IIRC our steering wheel was also like that. Remember its the edge of a rubber moulding, so dont be surprised if you get a knockback on that. The A pillar thing, well that just aint on. Ask to see the PDI sheet and make sure the technician gets a bollocking!

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
IIRC our steering wheel was also like that. Remember its the edge of a rubber moulding, so dont be surprised if you get a knockback on that. The A pillar thing, well that just aint on. Ask to see the PDI sheet and make sure the technician gets a bollocking!

Thanks for the info. The rubber on the steering wheel is not that obvious but the cloth trim is really grating me now I know that it is there.

Will let you guys know how I get on, thanks for the help and support.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Anyone reckon the damage on the A pillar is easy to fix by a professional?

it cannot be fixed (the company i work for makes automotive interior trim) and should be replaced under warranty. there should be no quibbling as seat will just claim the costs back off whoever the sub-contractor is.

in the first pic of the steering wheel is there a hole in the actual plastic?

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
it cannot be fixed (the company i work for makes automotive interior trim) and should be replaced under warranty. there should be no quibbling as seat will just claim the costs back off whoever the sub-contractor is.

in the first pic of the steering wheel is there a hole in the actual plastic?

It looks like a hole due to a shadow. In the 2nd picture, you can see it is still solid.

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
I would think the a pillar trim and the airbag unit can be changed easily but i think the damage because thats what it is well thats odd to say the least Iam thinking disgruntled employee either at the Seat plant or garage as the parts are expensive to replace but not readily noticable hope iam wrong as there could be other damage......

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Id have taken it straight back, they should put them problems right, although you really dont expect them.

Id go back to your dealer asap and book it in for as soon as they can fit it in, you dont want it dragging on via emails.

Good luck with it :)

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
while i appreciate the damage isnt on the grain of the steering wheel centre, it certainly hasnt been designed to look like that. its either a poorly moulded part or the tool is/was damaged. whichever it was i would expect replacement parts.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
FAO Mode:

I am not sure where else I can check for damage. I will give it a good look over tomorrow and see what else I turn up. Is there anyone else around in the West London / Heathrow Area who I can meet up with to compare cars with?

Please PM me if anyone would be able to let me compare with theirs.

Id have taken it straight back, they should put them problems right, although you really dont expect them.

Id go back to your dealer asap and book it in for as soon as they can fit it in, you dont want it dragging on via emails.

Good luck with it :)

Found it today, so being Sunday I eMailed them straight away. Will give them until the afternoon on Monday and then call them to let them see the damage up close and then book it in.

while i appreciate the damage isnt on the grain of the steering wheel centre, it certainly hasnt been designed to look like that. its either a poorly moulded part or the tool is/was damaged. whichever it was i
would expect replacement parts.

I don't think the dealer will quibble with me on it. If they do give me some trouble, then I will be back for some advice.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Yes i did. Dealer apologised. Asked to bring it in to check it and then book the car in to get corrected. Going in on thurs and will update you all with the outcome.

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
dont you just love the way they say, "yer no problem, bring it back down" well that's a 60mile round trip for us, after numerous problems i managed to get £300 and a free first service out of seat uk!!

cutting corners in production to save money huh, lets make it more expensive in the long run ppl, complain!!!! trading standards are always ready to help out, as they did for me!!

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
After the "Yer no problem" comment, I rang up the dealership and they said, they need to look at it to confirm what the parts they need to order.

They told me that the pictures I provided were not good enough to establish what parts are required.

I will give them a chance to see how they deal with it and then report back.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
if only your car could talk i bet it would tell you exacly what seat have been upto.
i would definitly adopt a super-sensitive approach tothis matter.
just hope its not a lemon too.
take it back and also notify seat uk.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
I will notify Seat, thanks for that. I will drop them an eMail and call them to chase it. I am hoping to be able to compare my Crono Cupra with other members in the very near future so if I turn anything up, I will be onto them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members