pics of forge fmic's

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
looks good mat! i wanna see the ones without bumper on etc... lol typical! i like that mesh, may remove mine and do it another time then! is there room behind the bumper with the forge one then?

Mat

no.... Think it says on forge's site it has to be removed. May be able to mod it....

Would upload the pics again, but on my laptop which is broke

OliMonty

Mk 3 Ibiza Cupra
Mar 13, 2007
Mine with half the original mesh! (lower half had to be removed as it was too tight a fit). Sorry its not a front shot, this was the best I had.

3.jpg

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
The original grill will definetely not fit. Too thick. Halfords jobbie is very thin and looks quite O.E. I got the idea from this thread:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114146&highlight=halfords+mesh

Like Mat said, I removed mine because I thought it looked more agressive.

I would really like to chop out the centre bar. I think it would look good but I have no idea how to go about it. I'm cack handed at the best of times so I think I might give it a miss for now.

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
Here's mine powdercoated black. Bumpers had mesh and middle bar removed and smoothed.

2009_0328day20001.jpg

One without the bumper off, or the crash bar. As you can see it couldn't be easier to fit it, two bolts on the top (you dont have to removed the crash bar, it was off for painting). Pipes are pretty straight forward too.

2009_0321day10055.jpg

Damn my slow typing. How did you remove the centre bar on your bumper? DIY or professional job. Looks fan-frickin-tastic by the way.

Mat

looks nice that with the center bar removed! probably best job i've seen! think the fact that it's all black helps!

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
so it replaces the black hose on the manifold, but not the black hose on the charge pipe?

the guide looks pretty good actually (havent read it yet, just browsed the piccies)

cuprachrissy

som with the forge fmic does it replace all of the original restrictive piprwork?

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
so it replaces the black hose on the manifold, but not the black hose on the charge pipe?

the guide looks pretty good actually (havent read it yet, just browsed the piccies)

Replaces both IIRC. Really easy to fit too. Ignore the bit about lowering the subframe. Just cut the old plastic pipe out with a hacksaw.

As i've already mentioned I am incredibly cack-handed but I managed to fit it myself in about 2 hours.

The only problem I had was that the new crash bar they supplied didn't line up properly. Had a bit too much "bend" in it. I jumped up and down on it a few times and it lined up in the end!

I've bought a lot of bits from forge and all of it is top quality.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise