picture request - mk2+mk3 rims

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
got any pictures of the silver ones? how much would you be looking for for the white ones when you sell them?

Well I've got to get one powder coated in white which is brand new never been on a car (had 3 white and 5 silver) and another stripped and recoated as it's off white at the mo which is about £120 to get done & they've cost me £175 to aquire so prob £300 just to recover my outlay! but they will be 4 perfect rims and remeber they retail new at £179 each & buying a set and refurbing them will cost you the same if not more! this won't be for a couple of months!

The silver ones are ok the laquers peeling a little, I was going to get them Re-Furbed myself as i was getting the other 2 done before selling them and have been quoted Nearly £250 so if you know somewhere to get them done cheaper take them off me now for £130 no tyres??

propper rims are compmotive Mo's or lightweight team dynamics ;)

Got to agree with you there, was gutted to find out MO's are no lighter than most 16's, do look the biz though if you get the flat faced/spoked one's

Last edited:

kalwelch_33

oh right, well as im in north wales i think it'd be best for them to be delivered. you mentioned something about someone on ebay right? would need to see pictures before i bought them though

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
oh right, well as im in north wales i think it'd be best for them to be delivered. you mentioned something about someone on ebay right? would need to see pictures before i bought them though

No worries mate I'll get some done Sat when it's light & I do the OZ's!!

Yeah think it works out about £9 per wheel, I'll send you the link when I email the pics, can you PM me your email?

kalwelch_33

would do, one question..how do i do that? how much of a stupid question is that!!

kalwelch_33

just comes up with view profile, find posts or add to budy list?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Was looking on that tyre shopper website and they seem pretty reasonable.

What are the Barum Bravarus tyres like? Do they give good grip etc?? The description on the website says they give high grip in corners in any weather. Just wondered as I can get a set of four fitted for £148. The toyo T1-R's are going to cost me roughly that JUST for the tyres.

Craig.

Gm8

Jun 13, 2007
Glasgow
Was looking on that tyre shopper website and they seem pretty reasonable.

What are the Barum Bravarus tyres like? Do they give good grip etc?? The description on the website says they give high grip in corners in any weather. Just wondered as I can get a set of four fitted for £148. The toyo T1-R's are going to cost me roughly that JUST for the tyres.

Craig.

thats the ones ive just had fitted m8 , cos they were cheap n im skint the now , but im impressed so far . They are made by continental

Mckellar

thought you had D90's mate,what happened to those? BBS split rims though [B)] I want these so bad but like you say they're pretty pricey!well...all the one's I like are lol,typical eh.

I had D90s, but got bored of them and sold them for the same price i bought them at so i cant complain.

Want another set but would want them polished or painted cream.

BBS are bad news for prices, im looking on german ebay (.de) for wheels as they are a shed load cheaper.

I'll get the valver rims refurbed white aswell for next winter. [B)]

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
SNC10066.jpg

My mk3 cupra's were £80 from ebay with no tyres (bargain if you ask me!)

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Ronals in silver look crap, mk3 wheels in silver look even worse. Jib has made me like the wheels because in white they do look pretty phat. But still the multipokes in white win hands down for me :thumbup:

05.jpg

09.jpg

Mig

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise