Pictures Of Prosport coilovers?

adeyspec

Oct 9, 2013
Really? Yours on a cupra r? Was going to fit mine tomorrow but I'll be stuck if I need different drop links to go back on, I have been told merc Vito ones can be used but unsure of the version they come off

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah Cupra R. I can force them to fit but it pushes the roll bar down so much it's hard against the arm.

Merc Vito use 3 different length drop links as I looked yesterday, not sure what length?

I've left mine disconnected for now.

I measured drop link diameter yesterday and it's 10mm so I got some thick walled 10mm Id tube, I may cut and sleeve my original ones.

adeyspec

Oct 9, 2013
Good idea, do you have there overall length?

Any one know if the length of the drop link will effect the characteristics of the arb, as in do really short ones stiffen it?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
This is how mine sits, there is still some adjustment left

null_zpsa08cbfb9.jpg

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I have a parts catalogue, the Vito uses 260 or 280 there is another one but the catalogue does not list the length.

These were easy to make tho, I got the sleeve off eBay, 3mm walled 10mm id only about £9 delivered.

adeyspec

Oct 9, 2013
if i had a tig plant at home id knock some up but to save hassle ill just buy some i think. cheers for measuring up, how does she ride on them?

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Yea running powerflex topmounts aswel as 20mm rear spacers and 15mm front.
The kit is amazing for what you pay.
AP 2 years warrenty £400
Prosport 5 year warrenty £200
Also I ran AP's for a while until one popped, I then changed to Prosport and haven't noticed any diffrent in ride quality at all.

So "buy cheap" and get double the warranty and same quality ride?

Any bother with them yet?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
The ride is honestly not that bad. I've had a few cars slammed on coilovers and these are defiantly not the worst by any means, they also have more adjustment then the fk's especially at the rear.

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Cheers.

I think that platinum grey Cupra looks very nice on the prosports.

Can anyone give a rational reason why the double priced AP are the better buy? And if I were to spend around £500 on another brand, instead of the £200 Prosports, how significant would the difference be, realistically?

Priz91

Realist
Jun 24, 2013
Loughborough
Adam cupra 20vt, is that picture of your car on pro sports? How yours is sitting now is the exact amount i want mine to be so the arch just covers the tyre.
I was talking about the drop links yesterday with a friend who said the standard ones should be okay because of the Cupra R anti roll bar is different.. Apparently not..
So how come you guys are getting the merc vito links and not adjustable?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah on prosports, it can go down about another 20mm to if needed.

I was told I could use the standard to but they didn't fit. I'm guessing the bracket on the shock is slightly lower then standard.

adeyspec

Oct 9, 2013
I can also confirm that the stock drop links don't fit, I was also told that if I wasn't lowering much the oem ones would be fine, they definitely are not!

I'll be going Vito or another set that fits purely as it's easier to get them and it don't think there's much to gain from adjustsble ones one a road car, if it was a track slag maybe and use them to preload the car for the circuit rotation but a waste of money on a road car

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.