Pleas Help Me, 1.8t Ibiza Wont Go!!!!

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
cu51pra said:
revo isnt the best for the vag range do search for jabba sport or custom code

you cant quantify "the best"

its down to what each driver wants int terms of power, performance, driveability etc etc etc

research is the best thing you can do, along with trying as many as you can, rather than going off someone elses point of view

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
Saul said:
you cant quantify "the best"

its down to what each driver wants int terms of power, performance, driveability etc etc etc

research is the best thing you can do, along with trying as many as you can, rather than going off someone elses point of view

yeah wot saul said

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
Help Me Pleas, My Ibiza Cupra Wont Go Anywhere!!!!

hay could any of u help me, i'll try to describe it the best i can.
i just had my revo 5 hour trial in and it was going fine, untill just an hour a go i turned in to a road put my foot on the accelerator and heard a pop sound and the an eggy smell. now i wont tick over with out me keep reving it+abit of black smoke is coming out of the back. when ever u try to drive it u need to keep dropping the cluch and keep the revs up. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEAS

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
Help Me My Ibiza Cupra Wont Go, Just Had A Rvo Trial!!!

i just had my revo 5 hour trial in and it was going fine, untill just an hour a go i turned in to a road put my foot on the accelerator and heard a pop sound and the an eggy smell. now i wont tick over with out me keep reving it+abit of black smoke is coming out of the back. when ever u try to drive it u need to keep dropping the cluch and keep the revs up. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEAS

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
vwsurfbum said:
sounds like the turbo pipe has popped off, just something simple

not saying you're wrong but what would the eggy smell be tho?

i was just thinkin if the coil pack had gone then the engine would chuck unburnt fuel into the hot cat.. which gives off an eggy smell (and can damage the cat :( )

flashbsd

could be a number of things, first off check turbo pipes, especially with revo, it increases the boost pressure = OE hose clips just spring off.

Next pull each coil out and check them, if its gone youll know about it!

Coil packs do make an eggy smell, but i certainly wouldnt drive it like you say you are! get it AA'd or something.

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
if a coil pack had gone it would run but really lumpy unless 2 or more had gone at the same time? unlikely,
the eggy smell could just be smell of the fuel???

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
just got hold of the v.w poeple they said it sounds like the cat that has gone but i dont understand why it wouldnt move if the cat has gone or soundnt it go if it has gone??
danregs:[/B] i thought at first it was my exhausts that had blown.

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
ok well it sounds pretty likely then that your cat has died. but the question is, what has caused it to die..... its possible, like i said before that coil pack has popped and the result of this would be unburnt fuel going into the CAT which has killed it (causing the "black smoke"). or maybe its something else?.....

like flashbsd said, try pulling them out cos you will know if one has died!

juan

juan
Nov 17, 2005
margate (kent)
i dont know where they are?? how will u know??
could the cat of gone coz of the revo, I.E it was on its way out, then putting the revo on made it go completely???

Awesome jimbo

juan said:

The eggy smell is made when the cat gets too much fuel in it but it it not the sort of thing that goes pop and fails. From what you described i would guess at a turbo pipe popping off.This would make the air/fuel incorrect and give off the smell. Also makes the car not want to tickover corectly.If anything else it could be a coil pack gone down but they dont normally make a pop on failure ?Hope this helps! :bleh:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.