POLL: Have you had trouble with you Mk5 Ibiza?

How is your new Ibiza

• No everything is fine.

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Major problems still not sorted.

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Problems but all sorted now.

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Well after seeing another thread with Ibiza problems I thought I'd do a poll.

I know when you have a problem you’re bound to be more vocal than if you don’t. So I’m interested to see what the ratio is like. Feel free to add any comments good or bad about your car.

EDIT:

If you have voted NO and you do develop a fault please email an admin so you can change your result to YES so the results are as accurate as possible.

Cheers

Last edited:

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Great idea this poll!! :) Come on peeps............use your vote! lol

No problems at all. Brakes squealed a little from new but i'm sure that was the bedding in process.

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles your having with yours Ian.

jools

Just a couple of minor rattles which I managed to sort myself. Otherwise running perfect!

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
Had my 1.6 SC Sport just over 2 weeks, with 600 miles under it now.
No problems, nothings fallen off , nothing rattles (unlike my old Citroen !)
Well pleased (so far) :D

WhiteIbizaMan

1.6 Tdi CR - 2,255 miles - purchased new on 3-10-09
1. Loose bracket on coolant pipe led to fracture of pipe and loss of all coolant. Quickly fixed by dealer.
2. Starting problems resulting in rapid clicking of Relay and no firing, engine management light flashing. Fixed by Seat Assistance (AA) by tightening up two very loose earthing connections in engine bay, nearside under air filter.
3. Diesel clatter/knock, esp. if over-revved in 1st gear but also in higher gears. Fuel consumption went from 48-50mpg down to 42mpg. Cured by dealer/Seat by re-training Intelligent Engine Management in 2 days.
I was losing faith in car as all these happened in 3rd week! Dealer has been brilliant and I'm now settling down and enjoying a really fun car!

Last edited by a moderator:

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
No issues with me, waiting for the rain to go away so I can wash it tomorrow, might wax it to preserve the paint and I'll check me levels, tyre pressures...

ED

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
i have had mine a week, white is a hard colour to keep clean, i have washed it twice, first time i was halfway through and the heavens opened so i just carried on, second time i put up a tent like shelter and washed it (dedication) lol

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Put up a tent. More than dedication m8, but I understand. It rained hard last Saturday and I went over it quickly with hose and wash. Never mind, I finish work at 1 tomorrow afternoon, I'll sort it then.

ED

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
this is how sad i am, i have 2 of everything for the top half of the car and the bottom of the car, (the bottom usually have more grit and stuff) i have 2 wash cloths 3 buckets (1 for the wheels) 2 shampoos 2 drying cloths just to name a few, takes me a good hour to wash properly lol

then i get to hoovering the inside............

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I confess I purchased the new hand held dyson with the sole intention of using it on the car only. Sod it, I spent 15 grand on the car, it's got to last me a minimum 4 years and the head turning and female response is worth it. I got a date with 1 bird 2morro.

White is a bugger to keep clean, but u dug ur hole.

Hehe. ED

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
yeah i kinda brought it on myself there, the dyson idea i may have to claim as my own haha,

i must admit the head turning factor is so much better after you have spent some quality time cleaning it, and they do get a good response from the opposite gender

this 'wasnt' why i bought the car....... honestly

JamesJG

this 'wasnt' why i bought the car....... honestly

*sniff, sniff* Yeah, SURE.

Ironically enough, my girlfriend and I started going out four days ago, and I get my Ibiza tomorrow! >.< Need not have bothered!!! Haha, if only. I love the Ibiza. Unless it breaks, of course, then my dealer is in trouble!! [:@] (Sorry, Chris!)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Got an annoying rattle that has developed, sounds like a loose brake pipe or a/c pipe that is rattling on the bulkhead when the engine leans back under acceleration, i'll let you know what I find.

jools

Hi, I had a similar rattle under acceleration. Discovered it was the plastic fuel pipes vibrating in the bulkhead/floor area.

Managed to repositon the pipes and its been quiet since.:)