Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
5 makes of tyre, which would you have?

Im in the market for some new tyres.

Ive done some research on here and other sites and have NOW come up with 7 makes that have all been praised in some way (see poll).

Just wanted peoples opinions on which one they would choose as a good all-rounder:

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetics
Hankook Ventus V12 evo
Falkien FK-452
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

If anyone has anyother suggestions then please let me know:)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Just got the Hankooks last week... bedding in nicely and giving good grip dry or wet, change of direction and braking stability also very good.

I'd say around 85-90% of the performance of the F1 Assym's I had before in the wet. Can't really say there is a noticable difference in the dry.

Also I think the slightly more open tread on the Hankooks will give slightly better grip in the snow (I know both are summer tyres).

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
I was tempted by the Conti's but Camskill have a deal on Vredestein's at the moment, which is really tempting as I want good tyres without spending loads of cash (xmas round the corner).
However the Hankooks have had good reviews, hence this thread as I just cant make up my mind!! :happy:

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Im in the market for some new tyres.

Ive done some research on here and other sites and have come up with 5 makes that have all been praised in some way.

Thanks!

Any of these:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetics
Hankook Ventus V12 evo

Deleted member 43482

I got the Falken ZE912's on mine and also had them on my previous car. Good all-rounders and also pretty cheap at £75 a corner fitted. Preffer them to the T1-S I used to have. Although for pure grip the Eagle F1 Assys are the best ive used.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Non of the above, i use Kumho Ecsta KU19's they are very good tyres and are not budgets £70-80 each, i have been using these for the last 3 yrs and have had no issues with them.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Vredestein :yes:
best tyre i've ever had!!!! unbelievable grip in the wet!

had Toyo's previously....good in the dry.......shockingly bad in the wet:ban:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i too lost control of a car in the wet and have always been super cautious in the wet.

the Toyo's were really bad in the wet, but the Vreds are :-o I can't beleive how much grip they give in the wet!

have a read of this ;)

plenty of praise from people using them on SCN

Last edited:

cupratdi53

toyos are amazing, only down side is they wear fast with high miles and the side walls are soft but brillant tire wet or dry , nothing matches it imo

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
odd range of tyres though..

if camskill has the Vreds on special, get them. i've only read good things about them

Yeah tis quite an odd mixture, but they certainly put them through their paces!

The Vredestein's are on special for £86 in my wheel size but are out of stock for up to 3 weeks! The Eagle F1 Ass's are also on special for £98 and in stock!

Oh the choices :D