Pollen Filter fitted or not ?

PSV6

I've posted in another section but not had any replies :(

I've serviced my son's car and all parts suppled have fitted great - even the £40+ plat plugs :D

I've search this site to find the location of the pollen filter :confused::confused:

1) Under the plastic panel beneath the windscreen - nope - on the o/s is an ECU and on the n/s is the air intake - black plastic grille with 3mm holes - look down it and you can see the fan

2) Under the glove box - nope -plastic tray & glove box removed - nothing but ducting and fan motor :(

My question is: the dealer supplied parts to chassis number - do all Ibiza's have a pollen filter fitted or has the previous owner/garage taken out the "cage" ?

Its a 8v 1.4s "Y" reg 2001.....:help::help::help:

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
Hi, the 1.4s never had a pollen filter fitted. only the the cupras im afraid.

Your right tho, if they did have one fitted it would be under the scuttle panal trim (trim below the windscreen) on the right hand side, instead of there being a pollen filter there, there is just a metal mess/gause thing. which your sons car will have.

mike

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I thought that I answered your question "elsewhere", anyway, some 1.4 cars did get a pollen filter - maybe only those with AC - but I thought that your son's car was a Chill - so would have A/C and should have had a filter originally fitted.

On second thoughts maybe I answered you in another forum! Check the other forums that you asked this question in maybe!

I'm guessing that you could buy the fitting frame if it has been dumped, or buy the necessary parts from a later car (or scrappy) to convert your son's car. This pollen filter, if used with the carbon pre-filter will trap a lot of dust, pollen and other traffic nasties, this can be quite useful if you are affected by these things - and a lot of people are! Just remember to replace the element before it gets blocked up though - or at least remove it and hoover it a bit.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi, the 1.4s never had a pollen filter fitted. only the the cupras im afraid.

Your right tho, if they did have one fitted it would be under the scuttle panal trim (trim below the windscreen) on the right hand side, instead of there being a pollen filter there, there is just a metal mess/gause thing. which your sons car will have.

mike

I think that you meant "near side" not right, as pointed out already by the OP the ECU is under the "off side" and the heater plenum area is under the "near side".

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.