Power loss Problems with 2001 LEON SE TDi

Dangler115

Same problem with my 2000 Toledo, changed all valves egr turbo solenoid etc but no change. Changed maf but no change. Computer showing too much speed boost so next thing is to hollow the cat out. If no improvment then will check wastegate turbo. Dwayne.

will also check the veins arent stickin in the turbo.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
A common problem with the tdi seems to be losing power and going into limp mode. Mine was overboosting and going into limp mode so I cleaned the inlet manifold, turbo, intercooler and replaced all the vacumn pipes and it's been perfect ever since. The inlet manifold gets full of black gunge because the exhaust gas from the egr mixes with oil vapour from the turbo. You'd be amazed how much gunk gathers. Check out the tdiclub.com. They have loads of info on tdi problems and cures.

Dangler115

my turbo doesnt have veins. but whistle coming from turbo so checking intecooler for leak 2mo. hallowed out CAT with no change. thanks for all our posts. an will defo be visitin tdclub.com. thanks again

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
My cordoba's a 2000 model and it has a waste gate. I think it's a kkk turbo. You'll maybe reach the actuater rod from under the car. You should check it moves freely cause I think a bit of exhaust soot was making mine sticky. Mine sounds like I'm being followed by the police but I've read other people sayin they sound like their pipes are leaking but never found anything. Turbo whistle's normal. Some cars are louder than others. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's just started out of the blue. Your turbo's vanes are inside. The exhuast gas turns them which turns the compressor at the other end and rams it down your inlet.

leontdisx

Mar 13, 2010
hi. my 2003 110 tdi is being annoying again. it was overboosting when i got it so i cleaned the turbo out with innotec and it was fine after and the linkage was free etc then it got a bit lumpy so i had the n75 boost control valve replaced and it was smooth again, now yesterday it went into limpmode going up a hill so i thought its just because i have not given it some go in a while... given it some thrashing for a couple of days and the linkage is all free but it seems to go into limpmode when i floor it for the first time after its been started, hot or cold it does it but once its done it that once it doesnt do it again?? any ideas what it could be? time to clean the intercooler out?? its done 167000 miles
james

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise