Power Steering Fluid

capt.slow

I don't know if this is useful for anyone but here goes.
A while ago I posted asking what power steering fluid was ok for my Ibiza.
There seemed to be a lot of confusion over which was the correct one.
Some were saying ATF and some were saying that the correct VAG stuff was vital.
I spoke to my local independant VAG garage and he stated that the correct fluid was LHM Plus.
This is the fluid that Citroen use for all their hydraulic systems and is the correct bright green colour.
I think that it is a mineral based fluid.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I don't know if this is useful for anyone but here goes.
A while ago I posted asking what power steering fluid was ok for my Ibiza.
There seemed to be a lot of confusion over which was the correct one.
Some were saying ATF and some were saying that the correct VAG stuff was vital.
I spoke to my local independant VAG garage and he stated that the correct fluid was LHM Plus.
This is the fluid that Citroen use for all their hydraulic systems and is the correct bright green colour.
I think that it is a mineral based fluid.

French fluid in a Geman car - that's never going to be right - why not just buy the correct fluid as probably specified in your handbook - from VAG, then you know that you have bought the correct stuff. (yes I know that the Ibiza is built in Spain - but so is the Polo at a different location - but they are all still German cars never the less).

capt.slow

I know that Citroen use it but it is a fluid that is readily available from Halfords and the like.
Just because Citroen use it does not make it French.
By the way I changed the plugs on Friday and a duff coil pack and the original spark plug has VW on it but was a French make and made in France !

Browny_37

The LHM Plus is also used for Rolls Royce's and the hydraulic disc brakes on my Giant MTB hehehe.
Its good to know that the Powersteering fluid is this type. As i bought 2L of the stuff for my MTB before realising that 1L would last me an eternity.

jeffscarborough

The correct fluid is 'oil for hydraulic system and power steering' part number G 004 000 M2 Any VAG garage sells it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I know that Citroen use it but it is a fluid that is readily available from Halfords and the like.
Just because Citroen use it does not make it French.
By the way I changed the plugs on Friday and a duff coil pack and the original spark plug has VW on it but was a French make and made in France !

VW sourcing spark plugs in France - how weird - what make was it as they tend to prefer to use NGK but might fit Beru. I'd expect that no French cars have much in the way of non French parts, remember France is the worst offender in protectionism of all the EU countries. Just check out how they run their defence activities - and they slag us for being in/out of the Euro!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise