Powerfle bushes

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Powerflex bushes

Now as always now a days i will apologise in advance if this has been discussed but has anyone fitted any of the remaining bushes that powerflex offer for the LCR.

As was wondering what benifits anyone has had from any of them

Last edited:

Cupraloon

Not fitted any to my lc as yet, but from past experience with powerflex bushes, they do make a huge difference, tighten the handling up a treat, normal bushes move and flex under load on suspension arms etc, where as poly bushes flex less so keeping the suspension in line and the tracking more in line etc.

used to have a 306 that was fully poly bushed and it handled brilliently, much better than my lc, thats for certain.

They are pretty tricky to fit, needing pressing out/in, and sometimes burning out, at least on the pug they did, but well worth it in my view, i'd certainly get my lc done when it needs it.

The only slight downside is they transfer a bit more vibration and road noise through the car, but if you have a loud exhaust, you'd propably not notice it that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Now as always now a days i will apologise in advance if this has been discussed but has anyone fitted any of the remaining bushes that powerflex offer for the LCR.

As was wondering what benifits anyone has had from any of them

I'm in the process of doing this at the moment. Had the rear beam ones done and the steering rack bush (fitted Eibach ARB's at the same time so no need for the ARB bushes).

There was a problem with the front wishbone ones as I had ordered the ones for the leon (which mistakenly say Cupra R on powerflex website) when you actually need the Audi TT ones. :cry:

The correct front ones should be here any day, but so far I've no complaints only a better handling car, the steering also seems more precise but no increased vibration, which I was worried about.

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
had mine done on my lc about 2 weeks ago don't know about handling as had coilovers fitted at same time but you do feel engine vibrations a lot more but the combo of bushes and coilovers is great the car just sits straight no matter how much i push it round corners

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Had mine on the LC Tdi for about 2 months now and love them. Definitely sharper than stock, ride quality seems no worse than stock but turn in and feel is sharper. Less wandering under braking and overall a better ride. A bit nervous on bumpy backroads but on fast smooth tarmac and roundabouts it's way better.

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
thinking of fitting the arb ones. as i think one of mine has gone. but full front kit exc dog bone and steering rack is £126 from Midland performance centre.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just orderd one from forge. just want it to help stopping in 1st 2n 3rd.
will report back once its fitted. just hope it dosnt cause too much vibration -

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.