widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
Hey everyone well i have been looking for a while to fill the void that lossing the bmw left, well after alot of searching and great timing i now am th eproud owner of a 2002 seat leon cupra r , its the 210bhp model its already had a complete stainless stell exhaust system put on as well as having the wheels refurbed with all new tyres and then had them powdercoated black and a bailey up rated recirculating valve , and a pipercross panel filter and was rolling roaded in december at 227bhp (wich is a nice starting point).

bassicaly as some of you may know i was incredibly lucky to become a father on april 9 wich was awesome but did leave me with a massive issue car wise , i had a lovely astra coupe but if im honest the lack of 4 doors was always going to be a problem , so i started looking at all sorts of family cars including scoobys and evos but none felt quite right for me . I have always had a big soft spot for S3s but with the obviouse problem of being a coupe wasnt great but i took a couple out for a test drive and if im honest was very underwhelemed by it and a freind recomended a cupra R and here we ware now , all i can really say about it is its a masssssive wolf in sheeps clothing it really is a license looser .

as for plans with it im starting slowly with it it will be going over to AMD a well respected tuner on sat for some diagnostic stuff and to find out about some plans i have it will be having either the REVO or AMD mapping done both increasing output to a minimum of 265 bhp and 289 ft tourque wich should keep a smile on my face , as well as a exhaust swap to a milltek and uprated ainti roll bars and a forge front mounted intercooler , the brembos on the fron are already awesome so just want to get them serviced and re coated bright red , and then in comes the master CHRIS FROM CMD i am comming up with plenty of plans to keep his brain ticking double speed as well as his hands its going to be quite thye sleeper but with some good power and some real custom touches

heres some pics .

100_2420.jpg

100_2419.jpg

100_2421.jpg

100_2423.jpg

100_2416.jpg

100_2417.jpg

100_2418.jpg

100_2424.jpg

100_2426.jpg

100_2427.jpg

Last edited:

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Nice example you got there, best colour aswell. What AmD you going to:confused:

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
If you were going AmDEssex I would've popped over in my lunch break and said hi.

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
oh that would have been cool it would be nice to meet some pepoel form the club who have had experiances with the car as i have no mates with them , in your opinon is the revo worth all the extra money or is the AMD remap a good one

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
The AmD map is more progressive through the rev range (smoother than revo). With the revo you can change the settings buy buying a seperate switch. I went with the AmD map as my little boy is normally in the back.

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
The AmD map is more progressive through the rev range (smoother than revo). With the revo you can change the settings buy buying a seperate switch. I went with the AmD map as my little boy is normally in the back.

THATS REALL HELPFULL MATE as my little one will be in the car and as much as i think everyone driving loves agresive turbos i dont wana break litluns neck , did u find with the AMD map gives you noticible power difrence

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I went for the AmD map over the Revo too,
Shame your not going to Essex I'm going on Saturday aswell :D

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
to be honest i probably wont be getting th emap till probably end of july or first weekend in august but in your opinion its well worth the mo ney i think they said it was 350 inc vat , did u notice a diffrence in fuel consumption

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Yes mate it still gives you a kick. It took mine from 210bhp to 260bhp & 260ft/lbs and that was on a humid day and with a boost leak. But on the road its smooth and the power is always there when you need it, fuel consumption has increased. If you're ever over lakeside give me a pm and I'll take you for a spin

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
thanks dav thats a real nice offer , im not sure if i wanna go revo becuase i do like th eidea of having it a bit more savage but i honetly dont think i can justify th eextra 200 quid

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I was the same mate but been out in a LCR with revo and I'm glad I got AmD. Get yourself the bonnet seal from main dealer and remove the sound proofing from under the bonnet. You'll hear the d/v more

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Its basically a piece of rubber that clips in under the bonnet and helps stop dirt etc from getting in engine bay. Also mate get the dog bone mount uprated it helps put the power down better

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
im making up a list of needs and things to do now lol i must say from what i have noticed i know its been siily hot th elast couple of days but in my humble opinon these engines do seem to really run hot and the engine bay is three degrees hotter than hell is that normal

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
nice looking motor you got, sounds like you have the righ tidea mods wise and i like the idea of sticking with the sleeper look as well :)

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Mines the same so guess it's normal. I might be popping over kent way on the 11th for a meet if you're free pop by and say hi. There's a thread in the meet section

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.