widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
looking good mate! tbh i prefer the cupra r wheels. but i must admit they do look good! kepp it up. looking forward to seeing what its like when youve done the bits on your list.. where abouts in london are you?

in middlesex mate not far from twickenham rugby ground.

and as for cmd any enquiersy u have bud pm them to me and i can pass them on

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
me too lol , i know that were going to try complete molded items from scratch and also covering and lamanating to see what best suites my needs

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
there is a huge world of diffrence between buying a carbon kit and vacume molding ( not that there is anything wrong or bad about do it your self kits) its just that if you want to do things on a larger scale the money involved for vacume forming and all the diffrent types of resin activators moulding foams ect ect , im only dipping my toe in so to speak but all i do know is that cmd the chap who is doing mine has invested a lot of time and money so hopefully we/ he will be able to do things a bit diffrent as well as a better price than pepole like forge charge for there covers, im just the lucky one who gets to be the guinee pig .

dk if there is any info u need or info regarding suppliers of carbon ect drop me a line and im sure chris will be more than happy to point you in the right direction as im sure you probably pay quite alot for what your getting and hopefully he may point you in the direction of some decent priced suppliers ect

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
The cars coming along nicely. Have you decided what you're going to do with the Brembo's yet (colour wise).

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
^^^^^ no made no choices on brembo colour yet probably just going with bright red as i have the whole contrats thing going on ,

well had a real nice day at AMD in woking simon there top man is an absolute gent , long story short problems sorted and now completetly set up and live mapped looking aroung 250 to 260 bhp and around 260 ft pound of tourque feels still very smooth with the powere delivery but seriously fast and im still shocked how quickly it spools up and pulls so hard for a 1.8 .

simon at AMD kindly supplied me with some stickers to my spec as well in pretty much a perfect match to th ewheels see what u think .

100_2512.jpg

100_2513.jpg

100_2514.jpg

100_2517.jpg

100_2516.jpg

that last pic dont really show the coulor very well but u can see in the other pics that its a pretty good match

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
lol i know what u mean the most annoying thing is it did have tyre dressing that morning when i had it cleaned but running th emap in obviously spat it all off lol

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Just wait till the map settles the car just gets better. Glad you're happy with the map tho[B)]

widearch

Jun 16, 2009
LONDON ''INIT''
Just wait till the map settles the car just gets better. Glad you're happy with the map tho[B)]

the only thing i have noticed is at slow spees in first and second it feels a little jerky but i reacon thats because the turbo wants to go but im trying to drive at slow speed

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
If you shut the throttle as the Turbo is starting to kick it can feel a bit jerky

He should know he Kangaroo's everywhere:cartman:. Seriously mate as D.Karbon said, also you'll find that you learn to drive it differently now than when it was standard.

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
hiya mate,

was random bumping into you last weekend, how you been??

i can see that the car is coming along nicely! but you know mine is still faster soley because its yellow right :D

you also owe me an explanation as to where those alloys come from :p