Project Woodstock -Rust In Peace. Project Sunset begins on post 98 :D

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Some fresh new clear repeaters and bulbs and some fresh day light pics....

003-18.jpg

002-15.jpg

why is it always the little things that make a big differance.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
not long been looking at the pics of the white ones you liked at Inters and up at the Ricoh, Dan..
yours will be looking that way before too long, Im sure
:D

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Cheers Brum

This weekend has been massive for me. I just wish the service was tomorrow and not thursday as the eagerness to take this out on a long drive is killing me and i love the sea side in the winter.

(god my misses wont stop going on about barry fcuking island, ive told her its a sh!t hole but she wont listen. Its only because Gavin and Stacey seris 1 started on the TV about the same time we started seeing each other and its the first thing we ever really watched together and she has been hooked ever sice. Now she is drawn to the place and hasnt stopped going on about it for ages now...bloody birds so will probably take the vento there when its done...plus it will ony cost me £10 in gas as the thing does 62 MPG)

anyways cars...

It feels good to rip off old parts and replace with new one's. Each addition felt like i was adding a peice of me (or a peice of ebay) i am pleased with my work this weekend and rewarded myself, misses and mom for the constant flow of hot tea with Cod and Chips -Bostin!!!

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Cheers Andy,

Thursday is a big day this week. I have £340 set a side for the potential engine hose damage / service. I am hoping i will only need half that.

Although its costing me £40 to get it picked up on a lorry and taken 5 miles to the garage...gutted.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Wehey!!! You finally got one (remembers the strapline 'I came so close').

When I saw it was white I had visions of this:

20060524-4642104591.jpg

but given the wheels I don't think so!

Nice find on the car, I'll be interested to see how this project goes as I've had a few Jetta's myself, and I'm quite fond of the somewhat unloved (in the UK anyway!) Golf saloon!

Now get those door handles painted and those rear light cluster orange parts tinted!!

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Hi warren, cheers buddy..

yeah, bagged it a week before xmas...

its in a sorry state as it mentions above but the body seems solid and before the cold weather hit us the engine was solid to.

During my search i did come across a white vento fast and furious replica. It was the worse one i had seen by miles and really was a sh!t attempt.

Fingers crossed for thursday it will go in on a lorry and come out fully working and very loooooooow.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Well off it went this morning....assisted by a big truck.

001-11.jpg

002-16.jpg

003-19.jpg

and taken to its new home for a day or two Midland VW.....

Not sure when ill get it back as there pretty busy but at least my mom will be happy its off her drive for a bit..

Last edited:

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
must admit it looked very sorry for its self as it was pulled onto the truck...

oh well fingers crossed i get it back fully working, dirty low and with locks that work.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Pretty much flaps...speed bumps will be a BIG no no and practically will not exist.

Still that’s what ive wanted all long really….

Ive started looking for replacement panels but not having much luck but if I get it back before the weekend ill be nipping over to VW junkies in cov to get some new wing mirrors.

Hopefully by the end of the summer I can start talking colours..

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
saw a few pics of a red one at edition i think it was - had the start of the rear arches being rehoused - mental

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
tell me about it, always seems to clash with a drag weekend or testing, never enough dry days in the year as it is

i will try and get to summat this year though, last one i went to was the Big 1600e Hoohar at Symonds Yat years ago

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise