question on induction kit

oz_borne

Return of the mac
Mar 31, 2006
Quedgeley, Gloucester
CupraTgirl said:
Yeah i want the noise really and you dont get that with the modded airbox, do you?

My two pennies....i have same as you and all i've done is fit the forge dump valve, smoothed out the air box added a green cotton air fillter and removed the small sucking pipe. I have been meaning to add some tubing, but to be honest it's working fine.

I've also removed the inner arch.

I get a sucking sound (very high revs) and then a SH-PING noise as i've referesed the DV.......NOW imo the MAF only gets fooooked with lots of vibration hence relocation is bad and with oil....not water.....kits that provide oil for us to LUBE UP our own filters tend to kinda say to themselves.....we'll let them f*ck it up and have to buy a new one!!!!

3 months now, and now lumpy running, or MAF problems.

Just lovely SH-PING noises when i reach 5000revs.

Love it. If anythign the LAG time is better.

After speaking at length with the Forge guys, DYNA TWIST offer the best noise but do seem to shake the MAF a tad. They would recommend that one TBH.

Like i said my two pennies, not gospel.

:)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
there's plenty of info and posts on here about advise on cleaning filters and to be carefull on excessive recoating. (cos I posted a lot of em)

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
CupraTgirl said:
Oh well i will run it past the the b/f first :whistle:

CAY143QL.gif

May 2, 2006
oz_borne said:
My two pennies....i have same as you and all i've done is fit the forge dump valve, smoothed out the air box added a green cotton air fillter and removed the small sucking pipe. I have been meaning to add some tubing, but to be honest it's working fine.

I've also removed the inner arch.

I get a sucking sound (very high revs) and then a SH-PING noise as i've referesed the DV.......NOW imo the MAF only gets fooooked with lots of vibration hence relocation is bad and with oil....not water.....kits that provide oil for us to LUBE UP our own filters tend to kinda say to themselves.....we'll let them f*ck it up and have to buy a new one!!!!

3 months now, and now lumpy running, or MAF problems.

Just lovely SH-PING noises when i reach 5000revs.

Love it. If anythign the LAG time is better.

After speaking at length with the Forge guys, DYNA TWIST offer the best noise but do seem to shake the MAF a tad. They would recommend that one TBH.

Like i said my two pennies, not gospel.

you can hear the suck from CAI's from roughly 2k, forget waiting until 5k ??????

i would put the air feed to your airbox imo, will work better

u suprised me when you said the dynatwist is the loudest as its enclosed ??? open filters are loads louder, if you remove the dynatwists sheild then it would be loud as f@@k but doing that you might as well buy a budget "MMM" style cone filter as it will be doing the same, the whole point of a dynatwist is that it is enclosed and gets a cold air feed

All of these are only my opinions by the way, everyone to their own as they say

oz_borne

Return of the mac
Mar 31, 2006
Quedgeley, Gloucester
David_smith_909 said:
you can hear the suck from CAI's from roughly 2k, forget waiting until 5k ??????

i would put the air feed to your airbox imo, will work better

u suprised me when you said the dynatwist is the loudest as its enclosed ??? open filters are loads louder, if you remove the dynatwists sheild then it would be loud as f@@k but doing that you might as well buy a budget "MMM" style cone filter as it will be doing the same, the whole point of a dynatwist is that it is enclosed and gets a cold air feed

All of these are only my opinions by the way, everyone to their own as they say

I agree whole heartledly my good man, But i've done this as a temporary measure for now, and will probably end up with an air feed.

By not getting an open one, you reduce the possibility of 1 banging the MAF to FCUK and 2. getting oil...used to clean/lube the filter entering the MAF and FCUKING it that way. Dynatwist is loud if you search wooshy somewhere there is a lupo that bill did (I THINK) that is running one on revo stage one, and it makes me want to have a sex wee!!!!

:D

May 2, 2006
oz_borne said:
I agree whole heartledly my good man, But i've done this as a temporary measure for now, and will probably end up with an air feed.

By not getting an open one, you reduce the possibility of 1 banging the MAF to FCUK and 2. getting oil...used to clean/lube the filter entering the MAF and FCUKING it that way. Dynatwist is loud if you search wooshy somewhere there is a lupo that bill did (I THINK) that is running one on revo stage one, and it makes me want to have a sex wee!!!!

not being funny mate but if it was making you have sex wee (tickled me that one) then i presume the sheild will be off, as i have seen about 4 ibiza's running dynatwists and they look good, just hardly make a noise unless the sheild is off (dump noise that is) but they do have a nice grunt to them when you put the engine under load

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
David_smith_909 said:
not being funny mate but if it was making you have sex wee (tickled me that one) then i presume the sheild will be off, as i have seen about 4 ibiza's running dynatwists and they look good, just hardly make a noise unless the sheild is off (dump noise that is) but they do have a nice grunt to them when you put the engine under load

Yeah i think your right! IIRC the Dynatwist doesnt make much dummage unless the cover is taken off ;)

oz_borne

Return of the mac
Mar 31, 2006
Quedgeley, Gloucester
then i stand corrected.

Having never seen or heard one, i was just going on what people had said.

apologies.

it does however still seem one of the better options.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
oz_borne said:
then i stand corrected.

Having never seen or heard one, i was just going on what people had said.

apologies.

it does however still seem one of the better options.

Yeah although there is nothing wrong with the Jabbasport Induction Kit, is there? Isnt that an Open Filter?

May 2, 2006
they dont use cheap sh1tty filters and dont filter and kill mafs

Jabba use a sheilded JR filter which is dry and MAF friendly, as said before, this was one of the first things i got for my car and have had NOTHING go wrong with it, its expensive but worth it imo ,

DSC00267.jpg

old pic, a few things have changed since but you get the idea

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
David_smith_909 said:
they dont use cheap sh1tty filters and dont filter and kill mafs

Jabba use a sheilded JR filter which is dry and MAF friendly, as said before, this was one of the first things i got for my car and have had NOTHING go wrong with it, its expensive but worth it imo ,

DSC00267.jpg

old pic, a few things have changed since but you get the idea

Yeah that looks wicked! Shame its not in red to go with my engine bay :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.