Quick Debadging Question

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
If I wanted to remove the silver 'SEAT', 'IBIZA' and 'TDI' badges from the boot lid of my FR, is it just a case of hairdryer and wiggling, or is there some kind of more serious fixing involved?

craigTDI

Just a hairdryer and I used a credit card to get them of to save sore fingers. It works a treat :)

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Just a hairdryer and I used a credit card to get them of to save sore fingers. It works a treat :)

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Just didn't fancy trying to prise off something that was bolted through the boot lid!!

Fortunately my finger ends are like leather at the minute, so it shouldn't be too tricky ;)

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
no bolts or pins, just an adhesive

use the hairdryer to warm it up, can either use or an old credit card...or try dental floss to work it off, you will then be left with the residue from the glue, just put a bit elbow grease into it and it should come off, i found windowlene worked helped

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
no bolts or pins, just an adhesive

use the hairdryer to warm it up, can either use or an old credit card...or try dental floss to work it off, you will then be left with the residue from the glue, just put a bit elbow grease into it and it should come off, i found windowlene worked helped

When I debadged my last car, I used a bit of brake cleaner and clay, and it came up cleaner than the rest of the car!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I wudnt bother using anything to get the glue off , i just kept heating it up and rubbing it off , with it being warm it comes off very easily

Then i clayed and polished

Mat

credit card WILL create some nice scratches in the paint... use dental floss or fishing line for best results

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
+1 on this , I used a card and i left some scratches , Luckily they polished out

Well I'll start with my fingers and move up to string if necessary.

Got all of the Ford ones off without using tools, so unless Seat have opted for some kind of crazy strength adhesive, I'll probably be fine.

StokeyBen

I used warm water (not boiling) & dental floss
Worked a treat for me with no risk of marking the paint :)