Quick Q,where to jack car?

fresh_creps

May 11, 2007
Bedfordshire
Quick question,wheres the best place to jack the front end of the car up?

Problem is my cars so low I can't get a trolley jack under it unless I drive it onto a piece of wood,but then it feels like I'm raising the car too much in order to get the wheel off,just a bit worried about where I'm jacking it so thought I'd check!

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
You should have (although most dont!) jacking point covers on the side skirts that are a pretty good guide where to jack it from non?

From memory they're around where the side indicators are but i cba to go out to the carpark and look :p

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
use to hav this problem.... either buy a clake low lift jack £90 from machine mart or drive onto a plank of wood and then jack up as normal, it's safe enough to don't worry!

Should read the whole post lol..... I usually jack up on where the lower arm connects the the frame and at the rear either on the beam or the jacking point there.

On the front the jacking point behind the covers is on the seam of the sill.... if you look on the scissor jack it's a U shape to sit the seam in... useless for a normal jack.

Last edited:

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
24082008219.jpg

these help me mate

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
I use the two man method of lifting the car while my Dad gets the Jack underneath
Works eveytime, but wish the car was lighter ;)

Baby%20Lifting%20Car.jpg

Ollie

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise