Racing spec bucket seats

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Now that we have a family car and the handling is well sorted in my car it's time to strip the interior (and sell on;)) and get some proper bucket seats.

There was a thread before from a guy with a LC wanting bucket seats but it has come to nothing. I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of information about this as I know feck all about them.

I want ones that will still work off of (hopefully the Seat runners) runners so the seat can be adjusted to get in out. I will be caging the car at some point and racing the car too (not professionally though) so need to work with cage (does this change things?)
What do I need to look out for?
What are good makes?
What's the benefit of reclining seats?
Is there specific seats to fit with wide harnesses or are they all built to fit 3" ones?
Are there VAG fit ones built that will just slot into my car (hoping)
Also very mindful of these being as light and strong as possible but without paying a small fortune for these. I'm initially looking at about £300 for the drivers one and a cheap assed one for the passengers one.
What about harnesses? Will be buying rear strutt brace to mount this on initially.
Anyone fitted these in a Leon and can suggest good mounting places for it?

Literally I know nothing about this whole topic so any help/advice would be good.

i know that after having a set of Cobra's in an old car that weren't picked by myself i would always want to try another set first if i bought aftermarket in the future.

They were a reclining version and when i looked at the price they weren't cheap a £350 each however the lumber support was very uncomfortable.

My advice, try before ya buy. Sorry i can't say anything more constructive or answer more questions

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers Rocky, I've got a big problem with this being in North Scotland there isn't a big car 'bits' shop to try these out but will need to try some soon as the interior is for sale already ad don't want to feck about.
Hopefully the SCN National meet as a fe suppliers there to try these out. Or I could pop i past some on the way down:think:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
for racing you will need FIA approved seats,as far as i know,these will NOT be recliners. there are certain regs for racing.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers Jase, not looking at recliners as can't see the need for these as the car will be fast road/track only.
Will check out the FIA approval before buying these thank you

956curtis

all bucket seat are a universal fit and you can buy tailor made subframes to suit your car.i had fixed bucket seats in my old rallye and they had no comfort.i would go for a set of recaro ones as they are the best and u should get some comfort for your money and long jouneys to and from track.hope this helps abit

Cheers Rocky, I've got a big problem with this being in North Scotland there isn't a big car 'bits' shop to try these out but will need to try some soon as the interior is for sale already ad don't want to feck about.
Hopefully the SCN National meet as a fe suppliers there to try these out. Or I could pop i past some on the way down:think:

demon tweeks is about 20 mins from the place we are going, they have a decent stock of seats there ;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
all bucket seat are a universal fit and you can buy tailor made subframes to suit your car.i had fixed bucket seats in my old rallye and they had no comfort.i would go for a set of recaro ones as they are the best and u should get some comfort for your money and long jouneys to and from track.hope this helps abit
Excellent thanks bud, will look into the prices of the Recaro ones then speak to the bank manager.
I plan a Ring trip aswell so needs to be comfy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.