Radio code help

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
If you're lucky, the code might be written/printed on top of the stereo if you remove it. Otherwise you will prob have to pay the dealer :(

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
It might be worth speaking to Bartletts of hastings. (carl) i gave them my registration and details and they gave me the code over the phone. Might be a long shot, but worth a go

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
You can't get the code from Vag-Com. Try the 4 digit code on the sticker, it's already locked so nothing to lose! You might have to use the SCAN button instead of the PTY like some of the manuals say (misprint)

Aimez

WTF why does everyone say you have to pay for a radio code:ban:, it's in one of the manual a sticker as said of the dealer should be able to tell you. I work for volvo and give radio coes everyday takes a couple of mins and a reg n.o and on our dealer portal we have acess to it tell you that and everythings else about a vehicle. Be very surprised if Seat do not have the same thing.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Depends how helpful the dealer is. My first Ibiza came with the radio locked (not in the manual) and as it wasn't from a SEAT garage (although it was from a well known dealership group who have SEAT branches), they didn't have the tools to remove the radio for the code on the Friday I picked up the car. So they had to contact SEAT who emailed them with the code on the Monday. Glad it worked out that way, because they started charging £13 to remove the radio and retrieve the codes a short while after that!

Aimez

ring another dealer! Yes if a person had locked the radio in the Volvo world it deoes have to go a step further and depending on the age can be dealt with via the phone by taking the radio out and taking n.os of the back or a quick look in the workshop. But You can't just make a job out cos you feel like not being helpful, dealers do/should have policies and standard times for jobs surely?!!

On the other hand REALLY irritates me when customers say 'oh yeh you can just plug the laptop in and fix it' for any problem they seems to have as if it's always that simple!

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
They used to be able to give the code out, but apparently they changed the system a year or so ago and they don't just look it up anymore. They aren't officially allowed to just give codes out as you could have just stolen the stereo - you're meant to provide proof of ownership (V5 document) and the VIN at least.

Aimez

your right, if it was filled in.

many manuals did not have the code recorded..

Well you definitely shouldn't have to pay if you show them this was not done.

If you nicked it (unlikely someone would steal a standard one as they'd have to have the same car as us) I guess we are allowed to at work as we know for a fact the owner of the truck that bought it from our other depot is calling us! Still think it's stupid you have to pay glad we don't at work would have people complaining all the time!

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Well you definitely shouldn't have to pay if you show them this was not done.

I tried that argument but it didn't work :( It's the responsibilty of the original purchaser to make sure it's there apparently, as you could have replaced the radio with one that didn't have a code.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.