RAdio Code input confusion

RJ2DJ

Hi guys,

I recently disconnected my battery and forgot that would trip the radio code. I strangely have a radio code and then another peice of card stapled above it with a different code on. Neither seem to work!

I have understood the inputting correctly (Pressing buttons 1-4 multiple times), but I don't understand what button to press next once that code is displaying.

The manual says press "Prog/Pty" button - however on my radio those buttons are two seperate ones. I thought I had read somewhere that I needed to press the scan button, but that just advances the code eg: from 5209 to 5210

Any clues on this one greatly appreciated!

P.S. I have searched on this topic, but noone seems to come to any conclusion on this at all, most of the threads seem to end in frustration and people ripping out head units... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
all i do on my leon is use the scan buttons until i reach my code 0024 then press the the prog button. what does it do when you input them codes. what does it say on the screen

RJ2DJ

OK, so yesterday I took the radio out to see what the serial code is. The serial code matches one of the serial codes listed in the manual. I am enterting the code correctly and then pressing PROG, but it appears to not be accepting that code and just giving me another chance to enter it.

What are my options now - as it is obviously the right manual, but probably (somehow?) just the wrong code listed in the front of it?

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
What could have happened is at some point the radio has been blocked by entering the wrong code and has had another code put in its place. I know on mine there is a code at the front of the book and there is also a slip of scrap paper with a number on it, and only the scrap paper one works.

RJ2DJ

yeh, mine has a card with "grundig" written on it, with an alternative code - but that code doesn't work either!

RJ2DJ

Thanks for all your help guys, I have gone back to a dealer who have said that in all likelyhood a previous owner has changed the code from the one they have listed. They are trying to get in contact with that owner to get it from them though. If they can't get it, I guess I'll be fitting an aftermarket unit and just have a useless 6CD changer in the glove box!

Once again, thanks!

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
I'm sure you can get the code reset to save you buying a new unit. I would have thought that the dealer would have told you that :confused:

RJ2DJ

The dealer wasn't all that clear to be honest. He suggested that I could pay to have it sent away (I'd have to produce proof of ownership), but that would take quite a few days, would cost more than £25 and wouldn't garuntee it would give me the correct code.

I left very confused and got in touch with the guy who sold me the car, who is hopefully going to be able to get in touch with the previous owners to see if they changed the code.

I feel really frustrated today!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.