Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
My lights come on more than I would choose to put them on, every car with auto lights I've had has done this though so it doesn't bother me.

You say leaving home doesn't work, but does coming home work?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Looks like I'll have to change the sat nav to not use "auto" for day/night mode as that'll annoy the hell out of me.

Yeah coming home works, just not leaving home. Should the lights come on when I unlock the car or open the drivers door? I'd prefer on unlock, so I'll double check my coding again.

Another question, for CH/LH, does your dipped beam come on or just DRL?

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Looks like I'll have to change the sat nav to not use "auto" for day/night mode as that'll annoy the hell out of me.

Yeah coming home works, just not leaving home. Should the lights come on when I unlock the car or open the drivers door? I'd prefer on unlock, so I'll double check my coding again.

Another question, for CH/LH, does your dipped beam come on or just DRL?
Yeah I turned auto day/night off too.

Dipped beam comes on for me when I unlock car.

Unlock the car and then press unlock again, do the lights come on now?

Make sure the lights are left on auto and wipers on auto too, any different?

It has to be enabled in car set up too but I guess you knew that.

I would also check Deathjams coding from his guide way up the thread as I'm sure he had options/adaptations that I didn't have.

Last edited:

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Yeah I turned auto day/night off too.

Dipped beam comes on for me when I unlock car.

Unlock the car and then press unlock again, do the lights come on now?

Make sure the lights are left on auto and wipers on auto too, any different?

It has to be enabled in car set up too but I guess you knew that.

I would also check Deathjams coding from his guide way up the thread as I'm sure he had options/adaptations that I didn't have.

Leaving home now works even though I haven't made any changes. Sometimes needs 1 unlock, sometimes 2. I'll leave this for a while to see if I can work out a pattern.

One last one, the coming home lights turn off when I lock the car, I thought they were supposed to stay on for the defined time even after locking?

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Leaving home now works even though I haven't made any changes. Sometimes needs 1 unlock, sometimes 2. I'll leave this for a while to see if I can work out a pattern.

One last one, the coming home lights turn off when I lock the car, I thought they were supposed to stay on for the defined time even after locking?
Mine sonetimes needs 2 unlocks to put the LH lights on, mostly 1 though. I haven't seemed to find out why it does this, that's why I suggested leaving the wipers in auto mode, wasn't sure if that had any bearing at all on it.

Not sure why the lights would go off when you lock the car. Mine stay on. Silly question but you are leaving the light switch in auto mode not turning them off?
And you have set the times on the infotainment unit?

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Mine sonetimes needs 2 unlocks to put the LH lights on, mostly 1 though. I haven't seemed to find out why it does this, that's why I suggested leaving the wipers in auto mode, wasn't sure if that had any bearing at all on it.

Not sure why the lights would go off when you lock the car. Mine stay on. Silly question but you are leaving the light switch in auto mode not turning them off?
And you have set the times on the infotainment unit?

Yeah I've left the light switch in the auto position.
I haven't been able to replicate the coming home lights turning off when locking the car, it's working as expected now.

Keep running into issues, I think due to changing stuff to try and fix stuff that wasn't broken before :rofl:

Now for coming home, the lights turn off when I take the key out of the ignition, then turn back on when I open the door. I'm 99% sure they should stay on during this, can someone confirm?

I'd also prefer CH/LH to use the DRL only, no main beam. Will try these instructions again tonight.
Coming Home & Leave Home alone DRL, without beam (Halogen / XENON)
With this modification, only the DRL will be active in the Coming and Leaving Home.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Leuchte6ABL LC5
4 - Sub - Lichtfunktion C6
5 - Change value to leaving home Coming home oder aktiv
6 - Select - Leuchte6ABL LC5
7 - Sub - Dimming direction CD 6
8 - Change value to Minimize
9 - Select - Leuchte6ABL LC5
10 - Sub - Dimmwert CD 6
11 - Change the desired value
12 - Select - Leuchte7ABL RB1
13 - Sub - Lichtfunktion C 7
14 - Change value to leaving home Coming home oder aktiv
15 - Select - Leuchte7ABL RB1
16 - Sub - Dimming direction CD 7
17 - Change value to Minimize
18 - Select - Leuchte7ABL RB1
19 - Sub - Dimmwert CD 7
20 - Change the desired value

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
I've managed to get CH/LH to use DRL only, looks a lot better now.

Still can't work out why lights are turning off when I turn ignition off, then open the doors and they turn on for CH, still investigating this.

Sometimes the CH lights will turn off when I lock the car. Can't identify a pattern, think it's just one of those things I'll have to live with.

JWFROLICH

Feb 20, 2018
i dont have the convenience pack so no auto headlights/wipers any idea if it will still work?

Osaka_23

Feb 26, 2018
Hi,

I want to take the opportunity to thank Deathjam for the excellent installation guide and DEAN0 for the coding.

My installation was successful. I did find it difficult removing the mirror’s plastic cover and taking out the humidity sensor from its slot. The clasps were very tight on mine. If anyone else has tight clasps here’s a tip. Press hard on each side with one hand, use your other hand to pull each clasp aside.

CH/LH lights worked first time as per my settings on the head unit. Now that I have auto wipers, is there a way I can use VCDS to have the option appear in my settings menu? My wife’s Golf has the auto lights and wipers from factory. She has auto wipers in the settings menu.

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
I think it could be (2016 FR ST):
ICU 5F \ Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 \ menu_display_wiper = activated
ICU 5F \ Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 \ menu_display_wiper_over_threshold_high = activated

Last edited:

Osaka_23

Feb 26, 2018
I think it could be (2016 FR ST):
ICU 5F \ Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 \ menu_display_wiper_over_threshold_high = activated

Thanks for replying.

I followed the instructions but when I go I'm the settings menu, I get the error message "function not available"

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
Aye, try the reset (with the unit on, press and hold the power till it reboots).
I rechecked my notes on OBDEleven edits and maybe add this:
ICU 5F \ Car_Function_List_BAP_gen2 \ wiper_comfort_0x0C = activated

I'll paste you my entire note, but, it seems that, in my effort to be verbosely clear, I've managed to confuse myself:

Rear wiper setting in the menu
This mod adds more function in the menu of the clean. You can choose to or not activate the automatic rear clean.
1 - Electronic control module 09-. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - wiper
4 - Menuesteuerung konfortwischen HW
5 - Change value to On

Ste
Step 3 has ‘rear Window Wiper’ on mine
Nothing happened though – still set in code
SeatCupra had this: but mine said Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2, when activating wiper_comfort_0x0c I got weird heated wing mirror and some other menu item – so reversed

I also changed:
Windshield Wiper \ Menusteuerung Frontwisher = Active – no change
And
Windshield Wiper \ Regensensor Aktivieren = Not Deactivated – no change

All these changes are still in there at the mo

Ste
Revisited this
Did:

And
ICU 5F \ Car_Function_List_BAP_gen2 \ wiper_comfort_0x0C = activated

Weird heated mirrors and dim function appeared – then disappeared
Leaving just the autowipers on and wipe in reverse gear menu items – sorted

Maybe should reverse:
Windshield Wiper \ Menusteuerung Frontwisher = Active
And
Windshield Wiper \ Regensensor Aktivieren = Not Deactivated

Done: Reversed to not active

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
I bought a leon FR 1.8 ST a couple of months ago and while I love driving the car the two things I miss from my previous Mondeo are the auto lights and wipers.

I'd therefore definitely like to have a go at the upgrade that is in this excellent thread.

While I'm perfectly happy to do the sensor and switch modification I haven't a clue when it comes to the coding aspect of the job.

Is there anyone in the Yorkshire area that would be happy to do this for me. I'd be happy to pay for the service.

Alternatively is it worth me investing in VCDS to do it myself?

Any advice or offers much appreciated.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
It's a good mod, worthwhile doing. I can do the coding for you but I'm down in Derbyshire. If your looking at vcds you should probably also consider obdeleven too.

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply and the offer Andy. I'm in Holmfirth so not too far from parts of Derbyshire. Where exactly are you.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply and the offer Andy. I'm in Holmfirth so not too far from parts of Derbyshire. Where exactly are you.
I'm on the south side of the city, an area called Alvaston. Not great for Yorkshire unfortunately. Not sure how familiar you are with what vcds and obdeleven can do but they can be very useful and fun things to have.

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
Yes, you are quite a distance away unfortunately.
I haven't really looked into VCDS and OBD eleven yet so it might be something to consider. Can you advise which would be best for me and point me in the right direction to get set up with one.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Yes, you are quite a distance away unfortunately.
I haven't really looked into VCDS and OBD eleven yet so it might be something to consider. Can you advise which would be best for me and point me in the right direction to get set up with one.
I have limited knowledge of vcds I'm afraid, from what I know it's more of a professional laptop based software and the more expensive of the 2. Obdeleven is an Android app that communicates via a Bluetooth obd port dongle. It has simple apps that can enable different things in the car eg needle sweep. It can also be used to do what's called long coding.
You don't need any prior knowledge to use it as the are loads of guides knocking around to do pretty much anything you would want to do with it.

To do what you want you would need to purchase the pro version.

My advise to you would be to get the sensor and switch you are going to need and do a little reading up on obdeleven in the meantime.

https://obdeleven.com/en/

http://forum.obdeleven.com/?location=index

Also what year car is it you have, the coding my have changed a little on the 2017 facelift cars.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.