Re-furbing LCR Wheels

swf7y

Hi,

I wanted to re-furb my LCR alloys to a gloss anthracite colour. However, the problem I have is I don't have a spare set of wheels to put on while being re-furbed.

I dont really wish to buy a spare set of wheels for my car just for a few days as I only want the LCR wheels on my car.

What can I do???!!

Also my car is black, will this colour look nice?

swf7y

can you do without the car for a few days or not? if so axel stands etc.

if not, bus, train, taxi, mum will keep you mobile.

Can't live without my car!!

I get into work really early and dont wish to wake up even earlier for public transport!!

Also my drive is a little steep so, don't think axle stands would be a very good idea!!!

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Can't live without my car!!

I get into work really early and dont wish to wake up even earlier for public transport!!

Also my drive is a little steep so, don't think axle stands would be a very good idea!!!

Looks like your buggered then!

How about planning you refurb around a couple of day's holiday!

chris6210

Jun 12, 2008
Thems the only options if you need the car on the road !
Unless someone on here has a set you could loan/rent ;)
Maybe a few people on here who are thinking of doing wheels could club together and buy an old set with decent tyres to smoke around on for a few days .
I am looking at getting mine done and have an eye out on e-bay. It maybe lucrative for me to buy a set and rent/loan them out in the West Mids area to members.;)

swf7y

Thems the only options if you need the car on the road !
Unless someone on here has a set you could loan/rent ;)
Maybe a few people on here who are thinking of doing wheels could club together and buy an old set with decent tyres to smoke around on for a few days .
I am looking at getting mine done and have an eye out on e-bay. It maybe lucrative for me to buy a set and rent/loan them out in the West Mids area to members.;)

Not a bad idea!!
Keep me updated...

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I live in Birmingham.
Do you know how much it would cost all together?

Give them a ring. I wish I lived close when considering getting mine done as they do have a good rep.
In the end I just got new anthracite wheels :lol:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Mine are being done now, Luckily i dont use mine during the week so i'v borrowed some MK4 Golf rims off a mate for the back and i'v borrowed a mates spare and put my spare on the front.
Mine are being powder coated in anthracite by Spit and Polish

strugers1

is that where jon jay got his done??? i want mine done in the same colour i got but lacquered

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
When thay come back Should be Saterday, i'll posyt some pics so you'll be able to see how thay come out.

strugers1

yeah deffers mate i need mine done for sure!! so my car is no where near finished now lol got wheels to get done!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.