Rear ARB droplinks

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I am currently running a 25/28 Neuspeed set up on stock springs and dampers
This set up seemed extremely good with old p zeros i used to have but since changing to assymetrics all round the handling has become "choppy"
Low speed turn in is very good but as speeds rise it becomes unstable and kicks back a bit harshly
After chatting to bill yesterday it was suggested to take the rear ARB to a softer setting (currently middle)
So today i attempted to do this at the top of my sloped drive, but the bolts through the bar have corroded very badly in the 9 months they have been on
Due to not great access my breaker bar was almost unusable and spanners just resulted in lots of swearing a red face so i gave up
I dont have ramps unfortunately and axle stands wouldnt be the best as i was starting to lift the back of the car up
So after searching i saw some posts about home made droplinks made from rose joints, i dont need all new droplinks just lower bolts but would i be better doing the lot in stainless or BZP? or new bolts in BZP?
Its going to a garage next week for my 330mm brakes to be fitted so will be on ramps and could ask them to change them then
I know bolts are M10 with nyloc nuts but any ideas of length so i could get some?
Or any other ideas? but nothing stupid like are you turning them the right way!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I've tried to change my drop link and this too is rusted together big time. On trying to loosen it off it had ripped (cheap assed alloy).
I don't know the size off hand but whats stopping you from measuring these?

If you do change these I would take off the drop like and grease this with a good waterproof grease.
I looked into swapping out the drip links but found it very difficult to find the rig size and arrangement.
The ones I did find were very good but quite expensive. So basically I'm going to give Awesome £85 for a full redress kit

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I am wondering now whether to replace bolts with BZP/stainless and try a get some shroud or sleeve on the other bits
Like heat shrink on the threaded part, easily removed for adjustment but stopping ingress of majority of salt and dirt, etc.
Being as the bar does hang quite low and links are reasonable exposed they will get harsh treatment
May get in touch fabricators we used at work and see if they would be able to offer something similar in stainless

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.