Rear bushes need to be replaced

Triple D

Hi everyone, well today i had my cars 20k service done, all was ok but, a few things are now needed it seems. First off i need new rear brake pads, and secondly both front rear lower control arm bushes aree shagged :(.
So the question is, do i replace them with some upgraded bushes, or, just takeit into seat and try the old warranty claim again.
As i have replaced the suspension with the sachs race engineering set up (same as the seat sport optional extra) ones, surely there shouldnt be too much hassle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Spanny ;)

BIGAR

CHESTERFAIRIAN
Feb 5, 2006
CHESTERFAIRIANLAND
Mate thats good going for 20 K you nearly beet me I'm on me 3rd set of front pads and my 2nd set of disks 2nd drive shaft and mines done 20 k :clap:

Triple D

Mate thats good going for 20 K you nearly beet me I'm on me 3rd set of front pads and my 2nd set of disks 2nd drive shaft and mines done 20 k :clap:

well im gonna destroy you now, 2 hybrid turbos gone bang, set of 312 tt discs and pads, 2 sets of tyres and now these :p

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
just use , SEAT ones dan , the new revised bushings are solid ( no gaps) so should last longer , the existing ones are bonded in so will need cut out and then the new pressed in , if you dont have a bench press i think vw sell a tool for pressing them in

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Go for cupra160 rear front bushes and powerflex front bushes if your keeping her.. if not just try a claim under warrenty for standard bushes

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
i think i got the same problem, im just going to pop in, and try claim through the warranty, as it shouldnt happen to a car less than two years old!

Triple D

Ok will try and get it looked at next week at seat and get it done under waranty.
@ Ant, was gonna get the RS but the plaetting a ns have changed so am gonna be getting a 20 vt cupra now, for a very good price, with low mileage and i also know the driver and it hasnt been thrashed at all. So with that then the diff and some other toys will be coming.

gazjones

was that when your car carried on moving when you braked and the wheels looked bit juddery?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise