Rear camera falls out…

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Hey folks!

Has anyone here has got the same situation- my rear camera has been fallen out and lost after few days driving around a bumpy country roads… Called to my dealer and he said that if that is common problem then they can change it by warranty.
For visualisations some pics.
8A66D1D4-F68D-48F9-93E5-4A4194AD4A51.jpeg
2C8021E7-386B-47CC-B9F0-AD0879AE383F.jpeg

Reactions: Tell

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
That is so bad to see. Where has the build quality gone? Also, what happens if you dare to take a pressure washer across the back of the car?

Reactions: KoNG

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Seat quality on new cars is shocking, my Cupra 300 mk4 has issues and the sound of the door shutting is very cheap, I currently have a 21 Ibiza as a courtesy car and that's the same shutting the door sounded like a 80's Lada with no sound insulation, even my partners Peugeot is so much better, put me of Seat / Cupra completely.

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
Second time for me, first water filled and shorted data bus and now fallen out.
You can see the elctronics through the hole.

Attachments

• 5BE98F88-FEA3-453E-8C3C-585AE95F3D2D.jpeg
    5BE98F88-FEA3-453E-8C3C-585AE95F3D2D.jpeg
    815.8 KB · Views: 223

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Second time for me, first water filled and shorted data bus and now fallen out.
You can see the elctronics through the hole.
Ahh man. Its sad to hear that. I hope that the new camera which i will get will be in better quality. But this is so ****** up in wholesome. All this **** takes time and nerves.. and then we lose a happiness of a new car… for me this car is total disappointment.

Looks like its the lens and perhaps the sensor that's falling out, theres a small control module behind it too that's integrated into the camera.

There's 2 different hardware versions for the cameras. 566A & 566B. 566B can come with 556B,C,D software onboard. 556A only comes with 556A software.
I wonder if this issue is unique to the earlier revision? I can check for you if you send me your VIN :)

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Looks like its the lens and perhaps the sensor that's falling out, theres a small control module behind it too that's integrated into the camera.

There's 2 different hardware versions for the cameras. 566A & 566B. 566B can come with 556B,C,D software onboard. 556A only comes with 556A software.
I wonder if this issue is unique to the earlier revision? I can check for you if you send me your VIN :)
You have my vin number in PM from earlier problems ;) if you want you can check it

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
In for new camera today, but no!
No parts available, they don’t know When.
During 15 months my car have never been without something faulty so today I took the step to ask for a buyback.
If all works out I am going for a Polestar 2 instead.

Aug 4, 2019
My camera just fell off this morning. Absolute shambles. I have the mk4 seat leon estate FR+ since October and it's been in and out of the dealership with the dash lighting up/passenger seat heater sensor issues..

On top of this new issue, my infotainment system is still giving me issues (although the it had an update in January)...

Will be going back into the dealer again.. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 20220430_075757.jpg
    20220430_075757.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG-20220430-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20220430-WA0000.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
My camera just fell off this morning. Absolute shambles. I have the mk4 seat leon estate FR+ since October and it's been in and out of the dealership with the dash lighting up/passenger seat heater sensor issues..

On top of this new issue, my infotainment system is still giving me issues (although the it had an update in January)...

Will be going back into the dealer again.. 🤦‍♂️
Film all lags and ask dealer to update car to 1896 as it will fix all bugs. That is how i did get my car updated asap inmy dealership.

Deleted member 123864

Now mine has fallen off too, waiting over a month for a replacement to come in to the dealer. How long were you all waiting to get it fixed? My parking sensors have decided to stop working most of the time also.

A bit of a shambles...

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Same situation here with camera. Reversing to garage and notice the picture isn't sharp come around and camera lens falling out. Booked in to garage in two months and then possible long wait for new parts luckily still under warranty period otherwise over £600 just for new parts

Attachments

• PXL_20230221_070232114 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230221_070232114 (1).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Same situation here with camera. Reversing to garage and notice the picture isn't sharp come around and camera lens falling out. Booked in to garage in two months and then possible long wait for new parts luckily still withing warranty period otherwise over £600 just for new parts
Ouch. £600 is insane, if anybody on here has this issue out of warranty please contact us and you'll save a small fortune 🙂

Reactions: Sarah

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
I think @Sarah had a similar problem with her Leon Cupra
Yes, that was mine. I part ex'd the car as I couldn't get on with the hybrid side of things. Personally I'm not quite ready to be plugging in just yet.

I REALLY wanted to get the 310 ps cupra sportstourer recently that I found with a pano roof. I'd got as far as being happy with the part ex offer for the car I had etc and I was really tempted but it was the poor build quality of the particular car I had that put me off. I nearly went for it but decided against it in the end. I was disappointed but I just thought if it's the same as the one I had with different things going wrong and the time it's taking for parts to be delivered etc, I'd regret it.
I still come on here though to see how people are going on with theirs and I do still like the quick ones :)

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
I have been waiting since May for a new camera :rolleyes: As a side effect I also had the data bus short, causing failure of most of the assistant systems, but that has been fixed temporarily. At least it happened while under warranty, so it will be fixed free of charge whenever the part shows up.