Rear camera falls out…

Antera

Mine was lost also this week. Ordered in Germany another RVC ( ebay is your friend). Will fix it with some glue when i get it. Then it wont fall off any more :)

Put it in and can calibrate it myself. Iff i have to wait for the dealer i have to wait for the dealer ..........

Mine was lost also this week. Ordered in Germany another RVC ( ebay is your friend). Will fix it with some glue when i get it. Then it wont fall off any more :)

Put it in and can calibrate it myself. Iff i have to wait for the dealer i have to wait for the dealer ..........
The camera will require parameterisation, coding & then finally calibration

Jul 19, 2023
Yeah my camera lens has just fallen out.
Dealer says they can't replace it under warranty.
Now battling to get it replaced under warranty.
I've a 71 Leon plug in hybrid but seems to be the same fault

• Sad
Reactions: Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I'd love to hear the dealer's argument to justify it not being a warranty claim.
Chancers.....

rdraheim

Jul 18, 2023
I'd simply write a letter to SEAT S.A. and get them to lean on the dealer in question. The UK dealer network is shambles compared to other countries I've lived in.

Reactions: KoNG

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
"Can't" , or "Can't be bothered"? Car's still under warranty, and it's a known issue..

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I'd simply write a letter to SEAT S.A. and get them to lean on the dealer in question. The UK dealer network is shambles compared to other countries I've lived in.
SEAT S.A. will redirect the email to UK customer support. (I've been there with all my issues). Also tried Motor ombudsman that is also shambles in UK. Don't waste time with it. You can try:

SEAT Executive Office <[email protected]>
If no help there only Court claim unfortunately

Jul 24, 2023
Just confirming another 2021 UK Leon rear camera fall out, no idea when, found this morning when went to start car. Screen is Pink rather than black.

Booked an "investigation" with SEAT Northampton for next week under warranty, they did appear to know about the issue but did pre-emptively claimed a parts shortage :(

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Reply to my question about lead time for the parts from Seat UK:
"Regarding your query about reversing camera lead time, I can advise that lead time for reversing camera could vary depending on the stock in the UK and availability of part at the factory. I am aware there is a lengthy lead time for reversing camera for some SEAT models due to supply issues at factory."

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Well, the farce continues. Today my new camera that was installed two months ago fell out. This time not the lens, but the entire camera assembley was hanging in the wires. Looks like the tab that holds the camera in the bumper has broken. What an effing joke :mad:

Jul 24, 2023
which country? I'm in UK and am frustrated that I have to take the car on a 50 mile round trip for them to look at the hole.
Just confirming another 2021 UK Leon rear camera fall out, no idea when, found this morning when went to start car. Screen is Pink rather than black.

Booked an "investigation" with SEAT Northampton for next week under warranty, they did appear to know about the issue but did pre-emptively claimed a parts shortage :(
Had my "investigation", the Dealer Motorvogue in Northampton has looked at the missing camera and is claiming that someone must has reversed into th car at some unknown point in time and knocked it off and are refusing to replace under warranty. How was SEAT UK contacted to replace the camera under warranty? This is a motability vehicle so this would be another 9 months until it's due for replacement.

I have pointed out the existence of this thread to the dealer and reports from around the world not just the UK. They cannot explain how the camera was knocked off with no visible damage to any other part of the car or bumper when it's mounted under the damn thing. This is the missing camera

. IMG_20230801_080043767.jpg

This is an intact camera in the dealer's car park.

IMG_20230801_080831004.jpg

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Had my "investigation", the Dealer Motorvogue in Northampton has looked at the missing camera and is claiming that someone must has reversed into th car at some unknown point in time and knocked it off and are refusing to replace under warranty. How was SEAT UK contacted to replace the camera under warranty? This is a motability vehicle so this would be another 9 months until it's due for replacement.

I have pointed out the existence of this thread to the dealer and reports from around the world not just the UK. They cannot explain how the camera was knocked off with no visible damage to any other part of the car or bumper when it's mounted under the damn thing. This is the missing camera

. View attachment 37709

This is an intact camera in the dealer's car park.

View attachment 37710
"Someone must have reversed into it"

I think you'll find that excuse appears on page 275 of 'The Car Dealer's Big Book Of 🐂💩 Reasons For Not Doing Warranty Work'

• Haha
Reactions: KoNG and Alex667
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise