Rear Demister/Heated Window Not Working

RyanLeonST_FR

Nov 3, 2018
I am new to this forum however I purchased my 2014 Seat Leon ST FR earlier this year second hand and am loving it.

However now that winter has come i have discovered that the rear window heater/demister doesn't operate.

The Car is still in warranty with the garage however it is a trek to get it back there and would require holidays from work etc. so was hoping to find the problem myself (and if its a cheap fix just get it done).

After a bit of fault finding and checking on the other relevant forums on this site i have checked a few things.

I have not found any breaks in the elements of the window, the fuse seems to also be ok. however there is no voltage difference on the elements with or without the heater active.

I can hear the relay switch over and with the use of this thread (https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/rear-heated-screen-not-working.434275/) have identified the relay required to check.

is there a specific tool required to remove said relay?

is there any other checks i should do before removing this relay to check that it does work correctly?