Rear Diffuser/Bumper extension - Aero kit

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
For some time now I have felt the back end of my car looks a little high, and naked, compared to the rest of it. It has an aggressive design but something's missing, and I think the bumper finishes too early/high off the ground. When compared to the skirts and front bumper, it sits much higher. So, I was wondering, what solutions are out there? Is there some sort of generic diffuser that can be added, or is there a small bunper extention that can be added?

Any pics/links/advice appreciated!

For info, I have the aero kit with the twin exit exhausts (one either side).

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Yeah, I was hoping to find something a little wider. So it goes all the way across the back, making the rear bumper look higher.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Anyone?

Also, does anyone know whether a custom exhaust company could sort out my tailpipes...in so far as replacing the actual tailpipes, moving them up about 5cm and out about 2cm so they fit the exhaust cut out, as opposed to sitting too far in and miles down? (I've no idea why SEAT did this!!!) Cost-wise it would be cheaper to literally cut the standard pipes off and lob 2 new ones on, but now sure this is possible due to the proximity of the actual back box/silencer. Anyone know?

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
I got my back box taken off and the two tail pieces cut off. Then a Y-piece exhaust fabricated and the tail pieces welded back on :) So it is now straight through from the Cat with no backbox
car12.jpg

car13.jpg

Last edited:

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Is yours a petrol or diesel Dave? I fear if I were to lose the box I would be spitting Chernobyl out the back when I floor it!

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
:-o I have just had a little sex wee, excuse me.

OK, it's cleared up.

That is just perfect! Exactly what I'm after. I wonder if they would fit onto the Aero rear bumper though, as the dimensions/curves may differ. I shall have to see if I can contact these people! Thanks mate!:thumbup:

jdearden

No probs. The centre 'plate' will fit any bumper as it's just screwed into the bumper at whatever height and angle you want. I imagine the corners will not fit the aero kit. However have you got mudflaps? lowering the car and adding mudflaps may give you the stance you're after??

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Not bothered about the centre piece. Would look odd as my bumper is fully colour coded, as opposed to the one in the pic where the centre is black.

I am a mud flap free zone. Would that really make a difference? I've always taken them off a car when I've bought them, never been a fan. I'll see if I can find some pics now.

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Found a few mk2's with mudflaps, but no silver ones with the areo kit, so can't really compare. Might be a good idea though, thanks for the pointer:thumbup:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise