Rear strut mount

conc

May 17, 2011
Bish Vegas, Co. Durham
Hi all!

Bit of a last gasp saloon here for my Cupra.

Attached images show the top of my driver side rear strut and the body mount it connects to.

Struggling to find a "part" for the body mount (circled in green).

Is finding a Cupra scrapper with someone who can grind off the panel to be welded onto mine the only option?

Any help appreciated ?

Attachments

• received_699688604071214.jpeg
    received_699688604071214.jpeg
    869.9 KB · Views: 110
  • received_385240466027151.jpeg
    received_385240466027151.jpeg
    551.5 KB · Views: 120

Rich76

Dec 22, 2019
Any competent welder could just plate over that, but cutting the panel from another car in good condition would be preferable. It would be a good idea to see how far the rot goes, wire brush or angle grind the rust and paint away until you reach good metal all around that area. It does look as if the rust extends a long way. I used to do a lot of welding of cars years ago, just about given up now.

conc

May 17, 2011
Bish Vegas, Co. Durham
Cheers, Rich.

My guy's said he could weld it but wouldn't feel safe enough bodging it. On with a couple of breakers and local fabricators we do work for at the minute.

Thanks again

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Jack it up and remove the shock. Give it a quick wire brush and that will show you where the spot welds are. Buy a couple of spot weld drills on eBay. Drill slowly and give it a tap with a hammer to see if you drilled the top layer.

Go to scrap yard and with a grinder just cut the chuck of rear wheel arch out that has the shock mount in it. Then do the same to that.. or do this bit first and get the hang of drilling spot welds.. Then as they shells are built by robots the welds will be in the same place.... just line up and not plug the holes back up to hold it then bit of paint

Reactions: iammooks
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise