rear washer jet leak

Aimez

Can anyone point me in the direction of any threads about the rear washer jet barely working then a small amout of washer fluid appearing in the boot.
I have tried searching cos i thought there was a thread (maybe it was on that 'old' seat forum!) but no joy!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I had it happen to me twice with my old Ibiza. The first time they fixed it by reattaching the pipe and the second time I got an entirely new motor mechanism under warranty as something inside that had broken which was then leaking fluid everywhere. Good luck though.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Seems to be leaking out underneath the car from towards the front of the spare wheel well...last time it popped off in the engine bay and luckily being the 1.2 I could get my hand in to reattach it.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
take boot trim off and get a mate to activate it and have a look most probably the case of just reconnecting it!

Aimez

thanks everyone, will have a go at fixing it when i can find a star shaped screwdriver to get the stupid screws out by the lights, why are so many seat/vw screw star shaped its really annoying!
can't believe how many times this happens to peolple what a crap design the washer jet is!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
star you mean torx screws vw audi seat and scoda all use these screws and are very common types of screws on other makes too. if you dnt know the size its a 20 torx the most common size used on all models

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I bought myself a set of Torx keys from Halfords. They didn't cost a lot and have earned their keep on several occasions. It's worth having a set lying about.:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.