rear wiper doesnt wipe properly

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Hey again guys. So there is another problem ( boring I know, sorry.
This time rear wiper blad doesnt wipe all the surface but middle part only. I mean it doesnt wipe where it supposed to do, as wiper doesnt touch the glass in many times (ends of wiper blade).It is bosch rear blade (new)
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Bend it some more :lol: When you pull the arm back the wiper should curve so that the ends are closest to the glass. Just twist the ends round a bit to make them curve round more

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
They can bend a lot if they are the flat aero type, almost to the point where the two ends touch. I've done it to all my wipers to adjust the pressure on the glass for an even wipe

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
It is possible that the spring in the ARM is stuffed and can't provide enough pressure to the blade.

lift it up about 6" put ya hand on the glass to catch it and see if it springs back properly with some force

if not pull it back til it rests and grease/spray up the arm's pivot point as it's usually corroded and full of crap in the there

then stick a new blade on for £3 or so it won't hurt after all

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
you might have tightened the nut too much...would cause the wiper to put less pressure on outer edges and not sweep properly

try loosening a tad...if no avail then switch to aero wiper :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members