Red warning light beeping three times.

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
please help me! when i turn the ignition on im my 2001 seat leon cupra the warning light beeps at me 3 times and then continues to flash! does any one know what this is! the manual ses that it could be the brake fluid but doesnt say anything about it bleeping!

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Coolant?? Simple answer i know, but this is what mine was doing! I topped up the oil and it did nothing but then i spotted coolant.

Jimski

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
humm two different answers!!
in the manual the symbol for the pads is different! as i said its the warning light i.e the circle with the ! in it is flashing! will check pads and coolant and brake fluid just in case!
if anyone else has any suggestion the please do tell

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
It all depends on what light / symbol is flashing... it sounds like the coolant level light - but you talk about brakes after looking at the manual...??

Tell us what light and we will tell you the problem. Or do a search....

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
humm two different answers!!
in the manual the symbol for the pads is different! as i said its the warning light i.e the circle with the ! in it is flashing! will check pads and coolant and brake fluid just in case!
if anyone else has any suggestion the please do tell

sorry i diddent realise that the part where i say WARNING LIGHT THE ONE WITH THE CIRCLE WITH THE ! (EXCLAMATION MARK) IN IT is not explaing which light it is!

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
There is more than one warning light, there's a whole panel of them. Circle with exclamation mark could be the handbrake/brake fluid level light (middle, top row) or the TCS/ESP light (middle, bottom row).

The pad wear sensor lights its own individual warning light, fourth along, middle row, and beeps once when you turn the ignition on.

Three beeps is usually associated with the coolant level sensor - either coolant is too low or the prongs in the header tank have coked up.

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
think its the brake fluid level had a check and its a little bit low but not loads! as soon as i undone the lide the warning light beeped at me again! does it just take any brake fluid!
will top it up tomoz

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
brake fluid level... not pads, pads is yellow light with circle and 3 lines either side.

top your brake fluid level up and it will go away.

brake fluid is dot4.

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
going to top the fluid up to day! as i said its the warning light in the ceter it is a circle with a (!) i think its the same light that comes on when the handbrake is on!

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
toped up the brake fluid and kazaaaaaam the beeping and light flashing went away! answer to above qustion though is it used to come on when accelerating or hard braking!